getting that wonderful price reduction

cruznurse

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep checking your cruise price. My daughter(25) and I are sailing on the Ecstasy 4/2. Was on the carnival website last night and noticed a price reduction. Now I know it is within a week of sailing and they are trying to sail with a full ship but a $70 decrease :D made me email my PVP. She called this afternoon and began offering a cat 5a, the recent upgrade..we had booked a 4a and was already upgraded to a 4d. I personally do not like to hear the anchor so I said no..offered a 6a but again too far forward so I asked about OBC and now we both have $70 and ;) alot of drinking to do. So it doesn't matter how close to sailing you are...keep checking.

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep checking your cruise price. My daughter(25) and I are sailing on the Ecstasy 4/2. Was on the carnival website last night and noticed a price reduction. Now I know it is within a week of sailing and they are trying to sail with a full ship but a $70 decrease :D made me email my PVP. She called this afternoon and began offering a cat 5a, the recent upgrade..we had booked a 4a and was already upgraded to a 4d. I personally do not like to hear the anchor so I said no..offered a 6a but again too far forward so I asked about OBC and now we both have $70 and ;) alot of drinking to do. So it doesn't matter how close to sailing you are...keep checking.

:D the Captain needs to get himself one of those Cruzin Nurses lol :D

Have a marvellous cruise :)

Thats great!!!! Hope that we can do the same!! Have a great time!:) :)

I checked the Carnival website tonite and the price of our cruise has gone UP $30pp! So much for the price going down :( I'll keep checking....I could use an OBC to buy my favorite drink specials!!

Happy Cruising!!

Beth

We got a nice upgrade last month on the Imagination 3 days before sailing. Originally booked 4a GTY and saw a last minute reduction and called and they bumped us to oceanview. They don't have to do this, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Is there a certain number times that you can get a price cut on your fare? I have already called twice to Carnival and they gave me better rates both times. Any need to do this a third or forth time in order to maybe get some OBC? I can always use an extra drink in my hand... or have one on stand-by!

Is there a certain number times that you can get a price cut on your fare? I have already called twice to Carnival and they gave me better rates both times. Any need to do this a third or forth time in order to maybe get some OBC? I can always use an extra drink in my hand... or have one on stand-by!

If it keeps going down, keep calling.

Newbie, here. I booked via phone direct with Carnival. 2 rooms, 2 ad, 2 kids on Legend. Couldn't find a way to check online. Do I just call every few days to see price if booking a NEW cruise, or call & see what the current price on what I have is.

Incidentally, the person I booked with failed to tell me I didn't have to pay it all up front.

That's what I get for being a Newbie, I guess.

Thanks Much!

Can you clarify the 4A, 4D, 5A, 6A thing for me. This is our first cruise. We will be on the Ecstasy. We booked an Ocean View Quad Quarantee, so I'm a little nervous about which cabin will get.

Thanks!

Janet

Can you clarify the 4A, 4D, 5A, 6A thing for me. This is our first cruise. We will be on the Ecstasy. We booked an Ocean View Quad Quarantee, so I'm a little nervous about which cabin will get.

Thanks!

Janet

4A = inside lowest deck

4D = inside higher deck (Empress I believe on the Ecstacy)

5A = oceanview with portholes

6A = lowest oceanview with a large window

Since you booked an OV guarantee, you can be on any deck that has an oceanview. Some have even received balconies, but that's not the norm, especially on a Fantasy class ship.

I just called Carnival because we too are on the Ecstasy on April 2. They said that they have 10 rooms left. Since we have 5 in our room they couldn't offer us a upgrade so we got a $70 credit on our Sign and Sail card for both my husband and I. We didn't get a break on the kids price but that is fine.

The Captain is feelin a little frisky in his ole age, hehe

Heh..me thinks the Captain's mind is always one step away from the gutter. :D

Cruz nurse...are you actually a cruise ship nurse? Sorry...nursing student here and you piqued my curiosity.

Busymom...$70 is $70, am I right? I guess I got the best deal possible when I booked because the fare hasn't even APPROACHED what I paid. Oh well.

So I'm booked now for my Aug cruise. If the price went down btw now and my sail date am I only entitled to an OBC? Are you able to get a refund of monies to your CC instead? Thanks for any answers.

Hmm... I wonder how this would work for us, we paid the price of a 4A but got a 4G cabin for that price. Would the price of the 4G have to drop below what I paid or the 4A price?

I have the same question. We booked a 6A but had a free upgrade to a free 6D. So am I checking prices of the 6A or the 6D for it to go down? Thanks!

to check for a price drop you check that category you booked and paid for not the upgrade. For me I kept checking the 4A even though we were upgraded to a 4D.....

Busymom701..glad I could help you get an OBC

natvtxn...glad to hear that others my daughters age are going. We try to do a mother/daughter getaway every year. We also plan a family cruise out of NY, the last 2 have been with RCCL :rolleyes: and doing another this summer with over 25 family and friends! What excursions have you planned? We are going to Nachi in Cozumel and haven't decided what to do in Progresso.

Captain...although I have done a few sailings for dialysis-at-sea (my dad was on dialysis for several years) I am a landlubber hospital nurse that likes to cruise;)

The price of our cruise has gone down and a free upgrade!:) So I emailed my TA (at one of those big travel web sites) to see if I would get an OBC and the free upgrade......he said that his supervisor told him that once a cruise paid for the price is locked! :( So I politely emailed him back and thanked him but told him that next time I would book through Carnival like I should have done in the first place. I'm not upset with him - more at the situation and myself for not knowing to ask these types of questions. This is my first cruise to book so I really didn't know the best way and I didn't find this board until I had alreay book!

Like I said "Lesson Learned!"

Archived