getting that wonderful price reduction

cruznurse

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep checking your cruise price. My daughter(25) and I are sailing on the Ecstasy 4/2. Was on the carnival website last night and noticed a price reduction. Now I know it is within a week of sailing and they are trying to sail with a full ship but a $70 decrease :D made me email my PVP. She called this afternoon and began offering a cat 5a, the recent upgrade..we had booked a 4a and was already upgraded to a 4d. I personally do not like to hear the anchor so I said no..offered a 6a but again too far forward so I asked about OBC and now we both have $70 and ;) alot of drinking to do. So it doesn't matter how close to sailing you are...keep checking.

We booked through carnival. Can we do this and how we are 1A main deck towards front.

It never hurts to ask. I booked thru Carnival. After reading the many topics on here :o I've been keeping up with the rates. I sent my CVP an email when I noticed a rate reduction this week. I originally booked at a 4a rate for a 4b. Well he gave me the 4a price again and it saved me $140 bucks.

I'll just keep on checking until it's time to sail. The reduction almost paid for my tips. Now if I can only get another $500 off, I'll have my drinking money.:D

The TA just emailed back. This is what his email said, I left his name out since I'm not sure if I can say his name and the company.

Hello Christie,

As you wish.... BUT the price is going to be higher!!!

And that is all he said. He didn't say sorry to hear that or anything. I'm not liking his Customer Service skills. I emailed him back to let him know that Carnival's price is actually lower than his company's price and Carnival is offering free upgrades. I have not heard anything else from him. Oh well!

I leave in 18 days.....if he gets pissed off he can't mess up our cruise or anything can he? :confused:

Step by step-- can anyone tell me how to check Carnivals site to see if the rate has gone down. I keep hearing " check the site", but what does that mean. Do I enter all the booking info again each day or what??? :confused:

Step by step-- can anyone tell me how to check Carnivals site to see if the rate has gone down. I keep hearing " check the site", but what does that mean. Do I enter all the booking info again each day or what??? :confused:

Just go to the website and try to do it as if you are booking a new cruise to the point where it takes you to the payment page.............WITHOUT paying ;)

piece of cake :D

I am sailing on April 2 and this cruise no longer shows up on Carnival's website. I had to go to Vacations to go.com and Cruise.com to see what they showed as the price. It showed on their website as going down $70 per person. So make sure if your cruise does not show up on Carnival's website check other websites to make sure. Also when I called, they put me on hold for 10 minutes, I'm guessing hoping that I would give up and hang up. But they returned and made it sound like they were able to trick the system and save the day. Who cares, let them say that. As long as I have my $140 that is all that matters.:D

I am sailing on April 2 and this cruise no longer shows up on Carnival's website. I had to go to Vacations to go.com and Cruise.com to see what they showed as the price. It showed on their website as going down $70 per person. So make sure if your cruise does not show up on Carnival's website check other websites to make sure. Also when I called, they put me on hold for 10 minutes, I'm guessing hoping that I would give up and hang up. But they returned and made it sound like they were able to trick the system and save the day. Who cares, let them say that. As long as I have my $140 that is all that matters.:D

Thanks.

This is helpful. I guess I have a lot of work to do. I have not booked yet. I am wondering....I have a TA that quoted a good rate. I am afraid to ask my PVP to beat that. Or should I call my PVP get her rate and then see if the TA will be better. I heard on these boards that if PVP know that you are in touch with a TA that they will not deal with you. Is this true?

Thanks.

This is helpful. I guess I have a lot of work to do. I have not booked yet. I am wondering....I have a TA that quoted a good rate. I am afraid to ask my PVP to beat that. Or should I call my PVP get her rate and then see if the TA will be better. I heard on these boards that if PVP know that you are in touch with a TA that they will not deal with you. Is this true?

I priced out the trip on orbitz and then told my PVP that I wanted what I was seeing on their website and he gave it to me but kinda acted like it was a hassel. I wasn't impressed to use a PVP but others seem to have had good luck with it.

I go on cruise.com everyday and check the price of our cruise. We received a military discount and an upgrade. The cost of our cruise has gone up substantially now, but it had gone down quite a bit 3 times since we originally booked. I called Carnival each time and they gave me OBC. We have $335 in OBC. This will take care of the majority of our tips. I am thrilled with Carnival's customer service.

Even though the one poster mentioned going through a TA and basically being told, "too bad," I would call Carnival directly and see if they can help you. This will be our first cruise. I am so impressed with Carnival's level of customer service, that I am already planning our next cruise before we even know if we like this one! Good luck. Please keep us posted as to what Carnival does, or does not do for you.

On our cruise last Sept we got a $210 OBC....that covered our tips and a couple drinks!!!! We are going on another cruise in May and are hoping that the prices go down so we can get another OBC!!! Also we have a gar for a 6B room...what are those like??

Archived