More Journey Confusion

icecreammama

okay, here we go again. I just recieved my cruise documents in the mail for the journey. Under "seating" it is listed as "second." Now I was almost positive that the Journey had "open seating." Can anyone confirm?

And while we're at it, is everyone positive that there are no formal nights? I surely do not want to be embarrased if I am not dressed appropriately.

I just got our docs and they are the same old tickets that they have been issuing for years. Same old info concerning casual, informal and formal dress. I did call the Cpt's club a few weeks ago and they verified that they are only going to have casual dress for evenings so I feel pretty comfortable leaving my gowns at home.:)

Hi Maryjean,

This is my first trip on Celebrity. I've cruised before on RCCl, Princess and Norwegian. We have enjoyed all of them. Always wanted to try Celebrity and when this opportunity arose for an upscale ship to Bermuda (which we have never been, but always wanted to go) we jumped on it. I am a little concerned about a smaller ship but I hope this cruise will be better than the others. It certainly was the most expensive!

Well, guess we just have to wait and see. By the way, have you ever sailed Celebrity before? Is it better than the other Lines? I would like your opinion. Thanks

I have sailed Celebrity 8 times before and have enjoyed each cruise. Celebrity is definitely my favorite cruise line. I have sailed NCL and RCCL and I have to say that I much prefer Celebrity. First I want to say that everyone has their own reasons for preferring one line to another and they are all valid. Personally the most important thing to us is food and service and I think they do a great job with both on Celebrity. I think other lines do a better job with kids programs, entertainment and of course on other Celebrity ships you won't find open seating like we will have on the Journey. Personally, I like having the same waiter and the same table every night so I am going to miss that personal touch. I also enjoy dressing up, so I certainly hope this is the only type of ship that they change the dress code. For a 7 day cruise to Bermuda, casual will be kind of nice for a change.

I am a bit concerned about the size of this ship as well, especially in the North Atlantic. We have cruised to Bermuda 4 times and it can be a bit rocky, you just never know. The nice thing about the size of the ship though is that it can dock in Hamilton and St Georges. In September, we were on the Explorer and were docked at the Royal dockyard and I much prefer the ports we will be at.

• 1 month later...
okay, here we go again. I just recieved my cruise documents in the mail for the journey. Under "seating" it is listed as "second." Now I was almost positive that the Journey had "open seating." Can anyone confirm?

And while we're at it, is everyone positive that there are no formal nights? I surely do not want to be embarrased if I am not dressed appropriately.

You won't be alone we are all going casual

Their booking forms required a seating choice even though Journey/Quest will be open. They haven't changed their forms yet so whatever is chosen on the form will be printed out on the docs. It causes confusion. Happy Sailing!

Hi Icecreammama !

I know what you mean. That is very confusing. I know our TA asked if we wanted first or second seating for Quest, even though it is not applicable.

Everything I have been told... even though you are asked the question about dining preferences, it doesnt matter, as it is open seating. I would simply ignore it. Also, there are no formal nights.

We are all so lucky to have CC..can you imagine all the people getting incorrect info and bringing dressy clothes..dont know about the non smoking and think they have 2nd seating..what a mess..

Jan

We are all so lucky to have CC..can you imagine all the people getting incorrect info and bringing dressy clothes..dont know about the non smoking and think they have 2nd seating..what a mess..

Jan

Hi Jan !

You can say that again. I often get a chuckle about how all of us seem to know more than the Cruiselines at times :)

Archived