marriage license

Lefty1

i am leaving on miracle 8/21 - i will have my birth certificate and driver's license - do i need my marriage license too as my birth certificate has my maiden name and my driver's license is my married name? someone told me i should but need some help here.

Bring it just in case. When my wife and I went on our honeymoon they told us we needed to bring it as verification but they never checked it. Even if you dont use it I would still bring it just in case so that if they do ask for it you are prepared.

We just cruised on the Conquest 7/25. I called Carnival prior to leaving and they said no marriage license was needed as long as my wife had a drivers license with a photo ID. They said the marriage license would have been required when the name was changed on the drivers license. During embarkation all they asked for was a certified copy of the birth certificate and the drivers license.

On a side note, I had original birth certificates for my kids. The person checking us in preferred certified copy of the birth certificate instead of the originals. I had brought both just in case. Check in is a breeze. Just be prepared with certified copies of birth certif and photo ID's if applicable.

Make sure you both bring your photo ID (drivers licenses) as these are checked numerous times at embarkation and also when reboarding in Cozumel.

We just cruised on the Conquest 7/25. I called Carnival prior to leaving and they said no marriage license was needed as long as my wife had a drivers license with a photo ID. They said the marriage license would have been required when the name was changed on the drivers license. During embarkation all they asked for was a certified copy of the birth certificate and the drivers license.

On a side note, I had original birth certificates for my kids. The person checking us in preferred certified copy of the birth certificate instead of the originals. I had brought both just in case. Check in is a breeze. Just be prepared with certified copies of birth certif and photo ID's if applicable.

Make sure you both bring your photo ID (drivers licenses) as these are checked numerous times at embarkation and also when reboarding in Cozumel.

What is a certified copy of your birth certificate instead of the original?:confused: Do you have to take these documents off the ship with you at each port of call or just your sign and sail card? (1st time cruising!!!):)

You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate from the county courthouse of where you were born. They make a copy of it and stamp it that it is true and valid. Please note you need the orginal certified copy in case you mak

You only need to show this at embarkation. Once you are on the ship all you need is your sign and sail card and a picture ID.

My TA told me to make sure that my mom had a copy of her birth certificate and her Marriage license (or certificate) with her especially when we go the Bahamas. That they may want to see why her name was different. She also said they may not ask for it but it would be better if she had it.

Archived