Best Water Shoes???

robgray

I would suggest going to a dive shop and getting dive booties. You can them with either a hard sole or a soft sole. They can be worn with fins or without. They stop you from getting blisters when you wear them with your fins. The only downside, they usually only come in black so they look a bit dorky, but they hold up forever and well worth the few extra bucks. My husband has hard soles, he can walk all over rocks and stuff with them, I opted for the soft soles and I can walk over some rough stuff but not as well as him. They are great to wear in the water and know you won't step on anything sharp and get hurt.

We just bought Sketchers. They are very comfortable and they are the type with the toe covered so you can use them for hiking without stubbing your toes. They were $45. They're also selling water shoes at Costco but I didn't like the look or feel of them. ~Cari

Awesome!!! Thanks guys! I just knew that there are sooo many out there but I wasn't going to just buy a cheap pair and I definitely want to get the use out of them.

The ones we bought were definitely the "cheapest" price-wise ($6.00 approx) at Walmart. But....to me, they were also the most comfortable. I have used aquasox and the like. The ones we found at Walmart were in the water shoes section and looked just like jogging shoes, sole and all, except that they closed with velcro instead of shoe laces. They were made of the same nylon material as aquasox. We walked around in ports with them and they never felt uncomfortable to me. They held up well and we will take them again on this year's cruise.

Just a thought....Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise and water sports!!

I'm so glad to hear a positive review of these- as I was just about to buy them. Plus lands' end saves me a few bucks- I have to buy their kid sizes, because they don't have women's 5s, they are usually $10 cheaper.

I'm so glad to hear a positive review of these- as I was just about to buy them. Plus lands' end saves me a few bucks- I have to buy their kid sizes, because they don't have women's 5s, they are usually $10 cheaper.

They have these on clearance for DIRT CHEAP ($9.99) :D http://www.landsend.com/pp/MeshWaterShoes-17850_166466_-1.html?sid=4770182905926110020&CM_MERCH=PAGE_17850

If you check out the overstock section they have last years kids on clearance. My son LOVES them so I just ordered 2 more pr. He can wear them to school and his feet dont get stinky SWEET

Okkkk, there are a ton of water shoes out there and I know a bunch of them are crap. So, what do you guys suggest???

I would ask what are you using them for? We dive but would not spend the money for dive shoes unless that is something you are going to continue to do. If it is for one excusion experience that is one thing, more is something else.

I was also going to suggest these...I have them in hot pink and they are sooooo comfy and well worth the money.

Well I have to disagree with that. I bought inexpensive watershoes for a cruise and wore them in Belize. By the end of the day I had blisters from one end of my foot to the other and was miserable the rest of the trip. To me it's worth a few extra bucks to not suffer. Nothing worse than sore feet. We were doing the cave tubing so that's why I bought them. Never again. Dive booties that fit like a glove and don't rub from now on.

I have the land's end shoes in white, and I've worn them with casual clothes for two years now - with socks. They are incredibly cool and comfortable. I've just ordered a hot pink pair on-line. They are on sale for 12.99. But for going in the water, I purchased my daughter and I $6 water shoes from Wal-Mart. They are so comfortable that she is wearing hers out and about. If they feel good and stay on your feet, it doesn't matter how much you pay for them IMO.

If you are doing the cave tubing in Belize or climbing Dunns River falls, you really need waterproof sandals with thick, hard soles, and a strap on the back. You'll spend a few more bucks than the watershoes, but it's worth it. No flip flops. If you're gonna do one of these tours and plan on wearing flip flops, you might as well go barefoot, because you will be before long. If you're just going to a sandy beach, cheapo water shoes are fine.

I also have the cheap ones from Wal-mart. They look like dorky tennis shoes with laces. They are comfy and work great. I go to the beach less than 5 times a year and I use them every time. They're thin so they dry out quick. Why spend more?

Archived