wet dock question

colkeena

What will they be doing to the Coral when it is in wet dock for 5 days?

When exactly is this supposed to happen? We have a cruise planned for the end of April.

Thanks.

The Coral Princess will be in wet dock for 5 days in LA (May 14-18) and then continue on to Vancouver for the first Alaska cruise on May 21.

Oh no! This is right after we dock in LA. I wonder if the ship will be shabby. That happened to us once before with the older Crown--sister ship of the Regal. It was really rundown. We were terribly disappointed.

Hi CZEE,

I think the ship will be fine. It looked great in both December (06) and February (07).

As far as the wet dock goes, my understanding is that they will be doing some routine replacement of carpets, etc., and doing various repair jobs that can't be done with passengers on-board. If I hear of anything major, I'll let you know.

Anyway, have a great Panama cruise (full transit, I'm envious)--I would love to do it, but they always coincide with my super busy time at work!

PS--Sheepishly, I must admit I am excited to see what it looks like immediately following wet dock...

Hi CZEE,

I think the ship will be fine. It looked great in both December (06) and February (07).

As far as the wet dock goes, my understanding is that they will be doing some routine replacement of carpets, etc., and doing various repair jobs that can't be done with passengers on-board. If I hear of anything major, I'll let you know.

Anyway, have a great Panama cruise (full transit, I'm envious)--I would love to do it, but they always coincide with my super busy time at work!

PS--Sheepishly, I must admit I am excited to see what it looks like immediately following wet dock...

Thanks.

We're really looking forward to the full transit. I did a partial transit on a destroyer when I lived in Panama and another partial on Princess. It'll be nice to do the whole thing. The only disappointment is that the shore excursions are pitiful when you do a full transit. They're much better for a partial one. They start late and you really don't get to see much. We may just stay on the ship.

We just left the Coral on March 29. A bit of the hallway carpeting (at least on Baja deck) was being replaced; some had been replaced; and some needed replacement. The ship was in no way shabby, rest assured.

Ours was the turnaround canal trip and we had a doozy of an experience with the shore excursion through the Pacific locks. The description led us to think we'd go from the tender to the excursion boat. When we arrived at the dock we were told we'd have a bus ride- no length given- due to mechanical problems with the boat. After 2-1/2 hours' riding around and being taken to a local restaurant for a free soft drink, we finally got to the boat. Long story short: we spent almost 5 hours on buses and got to the ship at least 2 hours later than planned.

Archived