RE: Price Drops before final payment-

missingmaui

We are booked through an online TA for the 3.23.08 Spirit sailing out of N.O. Since the price we paid was less than we were quoted through NCL, how do I know if the price drops? Should I establish NCLs base price, watch for that price to drop, and then call my TA to ask if we're eligible? This will be our first cruise, so I'm not entirely sure how this works.

We are please with the price on our BD cabin, but if the price dropped, that would be great! Of course, if the price goes up, then we can think about what a great deal we got in the first place... :p Thanks for your help-

Mary

keep checking NCL 's website, if the price is ever lower than what you paid, call your TA

I would do a print screen shot of that price though for proof since prices change all the time , sometimes in a matter of minutes seriously

but i would check it everyday in case,

i dont know what they do if its cheaper on another website,

but if its cheaper through NCL call the ta ...

hope this helps

melissa

Hello,

Do American TA always agree to change their price after a booking, when the price goes down ?

We booked last friday. I see today on the website of our TA that the price for our sailing/cabin category has gone down with 100 dollar per person (on their site, I do not see any change on the site of NCL ).

Do you think they might adapt our booking when we call them ?

It is hard to believe for me. They lower the price because the sailing date is coming closer and they are afraid that they will not be able to sell their options. But if everyone starts calling that moment to adapt the new pricing, they loose a lot of money.

Otherwise, they also give a guarantee that the price will not go up after the booking, so I can imagine that it can't go down either.

Or am I completely wrong ?

Any advice is welcome ! We can earn some money here, but I do not dare to call them...

Kajo

This will be my first time to travel with NCL. But on princess I called them a couple times about price drops and they adjusted my price each time. It saved me a couple hundred dollars. They know all you would have to do is cancel you sailing and rebook under the knew price, if its before the 90 day sailing. This saves them a lot of trouble. I hope NCL sees it the same way.

Tammy

There have been occasions where the pricing has gone down for specials. But for you to take advantage of them you have to actually cancel your booking and rebook. There is a good chance your cabin will not be available for rebooking for 24 hours. So if you like your cabin, you should not worry about the difference in pricing.:)

Unless you're ineligible for some reason (new bookings only, group rate, or whatever), your TA should match any price reductions by the cruiseline or his/her travel agency. If not, I would change TAs immediately, which is easy to do up until final payment is made. Check with the cruiseline to see what they would require to change TAs. I've done it before -- once I did it on the phone and the other time with an email. From what I've read on CC, you cannot change TAs after final payment.

You can also check other TA websites regularly. If you find a fare considerable cheaper than the one you have booked, you should ask your TA to match that cheaper fare by either reducing your cruise fare or perhaps on board credit. If not, then consider changing to the other TA with the cheaper fares.

Just be sure you're always comparing the bottom-line amount, including sail date, cabin category, taxes, port charges, fees, or whatever. You also need to factor in any onboard credits or free travel insurance so you get the true bottom line.

Archived