InterlineSail....... any comments?

Fabulous Four

We are looking to book a 1/2 day or full day day sail from St Thomas to St John. Has any one used INterlinesail? Can you provide me with feedback?

If you have used another tour company to do this and liked them who were they and I could I contact them?

My final question where is the best snorkeling? Any opinions?

Thanks

We used interline sails 2 years ago on a 1/2 day sail with another couple & 2 of their children & it was great. Jan & Omar were very hospitable. The cooler was full & they provided very nice appetizers. We snorkeled near the island of St James. It was very good snorkeling & then off to Caneel Bay in St John. I would recommend them highly. My sister just got home from a 10 day cruise & also used interline. They had an awesome time! Very accomodating.:)

Hi Fabulous Four,

My husband and I, along with his parents, booked Interline for a half-day sail last February.

Jan and Omar, the owner's, are very nice people. We had the best time with them. They provided our favorite soft drinks and beer for the trip, along with pastries and snacks like shrimp, turkey and ham roll-ups, fresh fruit, etc. They even let my husband sail the boat, he was in heaven! Omar is an exceptional sailor and has lots of experience, so we felt very safe. We are Kenny Chesney fans, so Omar took the time to show us his boat which was moored in St. Thomas before we left for our trip. He also took us out of his way to show us the beach where he and Renee Z. were photographed and showed us his house. It was great! We sailed from the Red Hook area over to Cinnamon Bay, where we snorkeled for a while. We also snorkeled at Trunk Bay on another trip, so that might be an option for you. We asked them to leave us at Cinnamon Bay so we could catch a taxi back to Cruz Bay and then go back on the ferry. It worked out great. They watched all of our belongings while we snorkeled and provided all of the equipment as well, so we didn't have any worries. They brought our things to us when we were done in their dingy. We had the best day and a wonderful experience. I would HIGHLY recommend Interline! You won't be disappointed.

Surprised you didn't find any reviews for this excellent company. I posted one myself after our recent Sun Princess cruise. Did you check on the roll call boards, or use the "search" function on this board? (The search function is one of the best features here imho)

My husband and I, and friends (five in all), did the full day sail snorkel trip with Captain Omar (boat was called Slo Dancing)when we were in St Thomas port. Paid $110 each, which was cash price. Since they only take up to 6 people, we had the whole boat to ourselves. We found a review of them on Trip Advisor and then more on some of the CC roll call boards, contacted them and was really impressed with the quick response. They emailed us tons of info, and then a phone call. When we arrived in St Thomas (at the new Crown Bay dock- not my favorite place, but that's for another post), we hopped a taxi out to Red Hook, where Captain Omar was waiting for us. We sailed over to St John, and did some amazing snorkeling. Made 2 snorkel stops; had lots of time in the water, not rushed at all. The crew could not have been more helpful; kept us amused with local stories and history as we sailed, and even taught 2 of our novice snorkelers how to snorkel. They had emailed us a menu in advance (with 5 choices for lunch), so the meals were exactly what we wanted and expected. What we did not expect was the huge platter of shrimp appetizer and afternoon snack- that, along with lots of rum punch and beer. (The Captain even stocked MGD, which he went out and purchased and iced down especially for my DH). The snorkel/sail with Interline was one of the best shore excursions we have ever done; we have referred many other CC members to them, and have never seen a bad review. I know you must have their website, www.interlinesail.com, but maybe you want to call Captain Omar (I have his business card; phone is 340-690-8228) direct and talk to him in person. Don't think you can go wrong with this company.

Kathie

I booked a daysail with Interline three years ago, this November will be the first time since then that I will be back in St Thomas, and I'm definitely going to contact Jan and Omar for another daysail. The boat was beautiful, lunch was fantastic (fresh fruit, caribbean chicken salad, more that I can't remember), and Jan and Omar were were very hospitable and accomodating. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

THank you so much for the advice. I am not great with the search function so that is probably why I didn't get something. Thanks for the tips.

I appreciate all the wonderful comments. I will be booking them to day.

Julie

We recently sailed on the Crown Princess and had booked 2 sailboats with Capt. Omar and his wife Jan while we were in port in St. Thomas - we cannot say enough good things about them!! They are so entertaining, and the food was awesome. We booked the "Looking for Kenny Chesney 1/2 day sail" and we had the best time. We sailed to St. John (Cinnamon Bay) for snorkeling and they provided us with a fantastic lunch - quiche, fresh fruit and the cooler was full of our favorite drinks! Capt. Omar showed us Kenny Chesney's boat, which was docked at Red Hook, and also pointed out his house and the beach where the wedding took place. Everyone in our group had such a great time, we have booked them again for our Feb. 2008 visit. We have also referred Interline to as many people as we can. They will truly give you the highlight of your trip and a memorable day! The boat is gorgeous and the sailing and friendships you will make are the best! Cindy

Archived