Single cabin on Miracle

fiugypsy

Life sure got busy that 4 years passed me by with no new cruises :eek: until now...

I'll be going with a group but have no roommate so I'll be booking a 1A guarantee due to the single supplement.

Does anybody know if I have a fair chance of a visit from the upgrade fairy or do they give priority for upgrades for cabins with double occupancy?

Also, I was told that tips would be $80 for the 8 day cruise but Carnival's website is trying to add $160 in prepaid tips (I'll be booking with a PVP but I'm afraid that they'll try to do the same)

Last question (for now), is it possible to add a person to the cabin before final payment? (unlikely this will happen but I want to know in advance.)

Thanks! I love these boards and the people behind them

Does anybody know if I have a fair chance of a visit from the upgrade fairy or do they give priority for upgrades for cabins with double occupancy?

Someone travelling single just posted on this same page that he got upgraded from a Cat.1a to a Cat.4a.

I would call a PVP so that they don't charge you the 160.00, the computer is assuming you are travelling double.

Fred

I booked a 1A cabin yesterday on a 4 day cruise on the Sensation June 3rd. They only had 1 cabin left to choose from but i picked to have Carnival choose me a GTY cabin. Well this morning i checked and i have already been upgraded to atleast a 4A, Just what i was hoping for! I was so thrilled to see the new cabin picture when i clicked "stateroom details". Miracles do happen

I did the 1A gty for my Imagination cruise and got upgraded to a 4A. I think there's a reasonable chance to get upgraded on the Miracle. I have no idea how they do it though.

I'd work with the PVP to make sure you don't get charged double for tips if you prepay. If you wait till you sail, you'll definitely only get one set of tips charged to you S&S account.

Provided this ship isn't sold out, you will still be able to add somebody prior to sailing. The rate will be the going rate at the time though.

When I was on the Miracle I booked a 1A gty. and was upgraded to a 5A, that is a room with french doors that open, but no balcony. That was the best room I ever had, As a solo cruiser I always book the 1A's, usually I try to stay on conquest class so I can get a window room. Upgrades aren't common but they do happen.

Chris

Life sure got busy that 4 years passed me by with no new cruises :eek: until now...

I'll be going with a group but have no roommate so I'll be booking a 1A guarantee due to the single supplement.

Also, I was told that tips would be $80 for the 8 day cruise but Carnival's website is trying to add $160 in prepaid tips (I'll be booking with a PVP but I'm afraid that they'll try to do the same)

Last question (for now), is it possible to add a person to the cabin before final payment? (unlikely this will happen but I want to know in advance.)

Thanks! I love these boards and the people behind them

The two times I booked 1A and got 4A. They will only charge you $80 check you S&S and if there is a charge for $160 go to info and get it fixed.

Archived