Ferry/Hydrofoil to Sorrento -help please

We are arriving Naples in May and would like to get to and from Sorrento by boat.

Can anyone tell me if the ferry or hydrofoil runs in May?

If they do, does anyone have a recent schedule in english

Also do they leave from the same place

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Bobbie

We are arriving Naples in May and would like to get to and from Sorrento by boat.

Can anyone tell me if the ferry or hydrofoil runs in May?

If they do, does anyone have a recent schedule in english

Also do they leave from the same place

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Bobbie

This is the latest ferry schedule that I have found. Just select you destination and then hit search and you will have the time table and cost of the hydrofoil. http://www.capri.com/en/orari-traghetti

Last year I took the hydrofoil from Capri to Sorrento and when you get off the hydrofoil there is a little ticket booth where you can pruchase tickets for a bus that will take you to the train station which is located at the top of the hill. It is a good walk up the hill to the town.

Bobbie,

The ferries run all year round, although there are additional routes/crossings in the high season.

Here is a link to the Alilauro site - the company running the ferries. It is only in Italian and German, but the link is to the page with the timetable, which is self explanatory. From memory the fare is about 6 euros each way, and you buy your ticket at a booth at the port.

http://www.alilauro.it/orari.php?lingua=italiano

The ferries leave from the main port. I don't know where you will come in to, but with your back to the sea the local ferries are towards the left hand end of the port. Be warned that in bad weather the service can be suspended. If that happens you can still get to Sorrento by train. Take a taxi to the main Central Station, and then take the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. The trains run every 30 minutes, the journey takes about an hour and a quarter, and costs about 3 euros each way.

Regards,

Paul S

Archived