How do I read the decks?

colkeena

it would help if you gave a cruiselines.

Looking at the deck plans-- the front of the ship is located at the top

the back of the ship is at the bottom.

Most ships have three sets of elevators--one in the forward section- one midship and another towards the aft.

Elevators are marked with either LIFTs or EL. THey are always located by stairs.

Service elevators are not marked on a deck plan. On some deck plans you want to avoid white areas. (but on some deck plans there are nothing in the white areas)

SOme deck plans-- not even laundry rooms are marked.

you want to avoid under the Galley. Under ktichens of some stuff--like a pizzeria or the burger grill. (kitchens will be right behind those things but not marked on a deck plan)

I am looking at Coral Princess but have checked other deck plans also to see if I could locate service elevators for future cruises.Cannot find them.Is there a way to look at deck plans and see where they are?Very important in choosing a cabin.Thanks.

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/coralprincess.htm

I suggest reading the peoples reviews in the site listed above.

I dont see what you are looking for on deck plans. On the Caribbean Princess there is a closet next to C743 that is surely not marked on the deck plans. It was a linen closet that held towels, sheets, blankets,

If concerned about noise-- get a cabin between decks space and between two cabins. (you want to be careful not to get a cabin on either side that holds 4 people either.

Did you have aproblem with a service area on a past cruise>

I am looking at Coral Princess but have checked other deck plans also to see if I could locate service elevators for future cruises.Cannot find them.Is there a way to look at deck plans and see where they are?Very important in choosing a cabin.Thanks.

Without knowing which deck you generally like to be on, I personally feel, mid ship. We book Balcony cabins and I figure depending on size of the ship, 4 - 10 rooms forward of the lifts. If toward the aft, then 4-6 from Lifts. We have sailed both Princess and Royal C so don't know other layouts. Princess always has 1 laundry area per deck except 12 I believe. I look to see where that is.

Archived