Just Back From Sensation

canesfan1

I have actually given up on their steaks.. too many have been tough, as you pointed out...! I do like their Prime Rib though.... Did you try the Duckling? I have had that on my last 3 cruises... and it will MELT IN YOUR MOUTH...!

Non-food stuff in the food is not good... wherever you are eating! Just a fluke, I trust...

I hope you enjoy your next cruise more!

Tom

U73 is the Penthouse suite - Upper level - Mid-Ship on the Fascination.

It isn't like the Owners suite, but it is 330 Sq. Feet, with a 70 foot balcony.

I am pretty excited, since I have never had a balcony suite!!

Yes, they did seem unenthusiastic. I really thought the whole cruise pretty much sucked to be quite honest. That was my fourth Carnival cruise and I think I'm done with Carnival, at least for a while. We are a family of four, and we are not picky by any means, but the food really was bad and the service overall was bad too. Our room steward , however, was absolutely fantastic, and we tipped him well. I guess we just picked the wrong cruise or we were just cursed or something. Kind of a bummer.
I am hoping for a better experience than you had since this will be mine and DH's first cruise and hopefully not our last. Coincidentally, it will be my friend and her DH's 5th cruise in Oct. and she expects a gleaming report from me to know what to expect. We leave in 8 days!

Kathy

Hi Cantwait2cruise, we were off the ship by about 10 or 10:15 am. They let all the people off with early flights first. They will announce it on the ship and you can disembark then. Should be no problem at all! Hope you guys have a great cruise!

Hi Cantwait2cruise, we were off the ship by about 10 or 10:15 am. They let all the people off with early flights first. They will announce it on the ship and you can disembark then. Should be no problem at all! Hope you guys have a great cruise!

THANKS! :D

cantwait2cruise - just wanted to let you know that i was on the sensation in june. some friends of ours had an early flight as well. they went to the desk the night before and got special color tags to get off of the ship early. i think as long as you can verify you have an early flight they will make a special effort to get you off.

about the food. in june, ours was wonderful. our wait staff was a little slow at times but the quality and selection was pretty good. i was especially suprised with the lobster on our formal night. a lot of times, on ships, its over cooked - ours was perfect!! the only dissapointment i had with the food was the dessert selection. other than that, the ship, crew, and our time spent on and off the ship were GREAT!!!

We were on the Sensation in July and if you could show confirmed plane tickets proving that you had an early flight, you could trade in your luggage tags to be in the 2nd group called off the ship (self-assist was the first group).

Clemsoncruiser,

Thanks for the info! I think we will talk to the information desk about our flight. I'm not sure if we really want to lug our own bags off but I also don't want to get stuck not being able to get off in time to catch our flight.

What deck did you stay on? I've heard about the whole sewage smell issue, so we're going to take some air freshener. We're staying on Main Aft.

Archived