Storage space on Crown

lysolqn

Curious to know how much closet and drawer space there is in regular balcony cabins (Baja deck) and mini-suites (Dolphin deck) on Crown. It will be just the two of us in a balcony cabin on Baja, but folks who will sailing with us will be three in a mini on Dolphin deck. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I was in a Lido balcony room and had plenty of storage space. There is a closet with lots of hangers it is about 6 feet or so long there are shelves in a cabinet next to the closet. There is a shelf that runs along the top of the closet as well. The bathroom has a shelf under the sink and then shelves next to the mirror(3 I believe) There is two draw nightstands on either side of our bed and a shelf on those too. The desk has a door with two shelves inside. Although the cabins are small the storage space is organized very well. The only thing that does not have too much storage is the shower. You can't really keep too many shampoos or anything in the shower. Other than that I don't think that there will be any storage problems for you. The suitcases also fit nicely underneath the beds. There are also a couple of hooks on the back of the bathroom door and a clothesline that retracts in the shower stall to dry things on.

For normal size cabins, in my opinion Princess has the best storage of them all. When I first sailed on the CB in a normal balcony cabin, I literely told my wife that something must be wrong, all of our clothes have been emptied from our suitcases but there is still room in the closets and drawers and I am a heavy packer.

I was in a mini for my Golden Princess cruise in February but the closet is the same for all Grand-class ships. Besides the closet with shelves, the open hanging closet goes the entire width of the cabin (minus the hallway) with a shelf above that can hold quite a bit; plus, each bed has a nightstand with a shelf and a drawer, and there's a desk with 3 drawers. Under the TV is a storage shelf. There's tons of storage, even for 3 people. Those are my suitcases taking up the back 1/3 of the closet.

closetwsafe.jpg

We sailed on the Star last November and are sailing on the Crown on April 28th. The mini-suites on these two ships are identical. There is so much storage in those suites, you won't be able to fill it all. My wife takes half of our house on trips and she couldn't fill up the storage on the Star.

There are shelves under the sink and on the wall in the bathroom. There are shelves and the refrigerator under the area where the two TV's are. There are drawers in the night stand on both sides of the bed. There are drawers in the desk. More drawers in the sitting area by the couch. The closet area is huge with a shelf above which held the life preservers but had room for other things. There is a wall of shelves just outside the closet, which also has the safe. Many hangers in the closet. We have two extremely large suitcases and two carry on bags - they all fit under the bed.

By design, the area under the beds has a couple of extra inches of clearance. Plenty of room for at least six suitcases. Also a great place to stash gifts, souvenirs and anything else you don’t actually need while on the ship.

Archived