Mariner dinner in buffet

I really did try to search for this. Somehow, I don't have much luck with search. I tried dinner in buffet, buffet dinner and got threads on the second, but not what I wanted.

I am trying to find out if we chose to have dinner in the buffet a couple of nights, because we want to go to Portofino/Chops the others, do they have the lamb chops, or osso bucco on the nights they are served in the dining room? These are 2 items I love, but if they aren't available in the Windjammer at night, then we might have to change our plans to go to the dining room.

I have seen many posts regarding having dinner in the Windjammer, but not for specific items. I love lamb, but never make it. Last time on Mariner I had lamb t-bones and they were wonderful. Also, the veal, (osso bucco) were great. I havn't seen either of those on Chops or Portofino.

I have also tried to email Crown & Anchor, but got nowhere. Thanks for any information that I can get. I know some items can be ordered from room service, but when I tried once to order the filet that was for dinner, I wasn't allowed to, so I don't think I would get them from room service either.

Katie

katiel53: Chops has a wonderful Veal Chop:p and if you go there you will not be disappointed...The only thing the Windjammer usually does not have is Lobster, otherwise all that is in the dining room each night is in the Windjammer. If you do not see what you are looking for ask one of the servers and they may be able to get it for you...

I don't understand why you would not be dining in the dining room the nights that you are not going to Chops and/or Portofinos??? Have a great time on the cruise...Mariner is our favorite;) ...Later, Jill:cool:

:) Can't answer your questions about the buffet but had to tell you that Chops had the BEST lamb I have EVER eaten anywhere when we were there back in December. It was excellent. I will most definitely have it again if I find myself back on the Mariner.

Jilly & Gracie,

Darn, I typed in my whole response and hit something and poof!!!

We have been on over 50 cruises and normally go with family and eat in the dining room. My husband hates to wear a tie. (On previous posts I mentioned he was a former weight-lifter and has a huge neck.) We have both gained weight over the years, so we just wanted to be comfortable.

We planned on going to Portofino on formal nights. He will wear a jacket and nice shirt and dress pants etc. There are the two meals I love and they are served in the dining room. If we can't get them in the buffet, then we will go there, otherwise, we will tell the maitre d' and let someone else have our late dinner reservations.

I do have to mention, if we have to go there for the two meals, I will still tip the waiter for holding our table for us.

I just would like to know what the dinner menu is. Last cruise I couldn't go to dinner as I had a problem with my right wrist so I couldn't get dressed or cut up meat etc. I am right handed.

We called room service and asked if we could have the filet that was on the dinner menu and were told no, it was only available in the dining room. So, now I know you can't get everything on the dinnner menu in room service, but I am wondering if, as an example, filet isn't served in the buffet, or lamb t-bones, or osso bucco.

I really wish RCI could answer my questions, but I am told they don't know what's served anywhere on board. I just hate to tie up a table and have us not show up, when in fact we could avoid all this. I know, I would not like to be at a table for 6 or8 and be the only ones there. I know my other choice is to go to the maitre d' and tell him/her that we won't be at our table at all, and give it to someone else. Who knows? Maybe we should just go to dinner every nigth in the dining room except for formal nights.

Thanks for your posts.

Katie

Archived