What can X do to make your cruise better?

lysolqn

I would like to see on cruises 14 days or more...and additional offer of their $25.00-All you can get into a laundry bag.

We were on the Millennium for our TransAtlantic 15 day cruise, 2 days before we got off the ship, they offered the $25 for the bag of laundry. That helped for when we got home, but not for on the cruise so you could pack less. Plus you don't know for sure if they are going to offer the deal.

We were on the Millennium for our TransAtlantic 15 day cruise, 2 days before we got off the ship, they offered the $25 for the bag of laundry. That helped for when we got home, but not for on the cruise so you could pack less. Plus you don't know for sure if they are going to offer the deal.

This is exactly what I was referring to...but I'd like to see X an additional "laundry bag deal", about halfway through the cruise. Then you wouldn't need to bring as many washables along.

Karyn

-either self-serve laundry or the bag rate (especially for bulky Alaska packing)

-maybe drop informal nights for more casual, but actually enforce the dress code (but I don't know of many actually doing this part)

-perks to mirror RCCL's

-someone delivering warm almond croissants to my cabin from Cafe Cova (just kidding, but this would be heavenly!)

By looking at my list you may not be able to tell, but I really have been pretty happy with X overall.

I would hate for them to drop the informal nights to casual. That's what RCCL is for. You do bring up a great point about enforcing the dress code. That would be nice

MMMM....warm croissants...

Someone else brought up the idea of having the Captain and crew more visible. I like that too.

Sue,

It must have been different between different staff members. The events we tended toward usually had Jody, Kevin, and Noemi. and they were fantastic. Very out going and friendly. We spent a lot of time talking with them before and after events.

Now the way things tended to work out, we did not see Cassandra and Charlotte much so I can't say much about them. Every person sees things their own way, but I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

I hope you had a great cruise otherwise.

Rick, I was waiting for you to respond. :D We found the onboard experience on the Galaxy to be lacking this time. Aside from our waiter, Nair, and our first night waiter, Jason, we found the rest of the crew (that we dealt with) to be unenthusiastic about being there. Maybe we spent too much time off the ship than we usually do (it was a port intensive itinerary) and we didn't get to experience some of the onboard activities that you did. However, aside from all that, we had a great cruise. Where is your next cruise going to and on what line? We're considering sailing on the Emerald Princess next February. Sue

We would appreciate if they could confirm a table for 2 at booking (at least if you book very early).

On HAL it is never problem to get tables for 2 and Princess offers the alternative dining if you are not happy with your table. With Celebrity it is always a big deal - or you don't get a table for 2 or the table is at worst location (underneath and behind the staircase next to the galley entrance!).

After 4 X cruises and 1 on Princess I am happy to say that I have never had a bad experience:o. The only two things that I can suggest for X are a better loayalty program and a free cruise a year for me and DW:D

Yes:) ...well, if they are giving away freebies....I am

not proud;) I will take one of those as well.:D

I loved being able to book spa appointments online ahead of time, so there was no big rush to the spa at 3pm on day of embarcation to find nothing you want available. Princess offers this and I bet X could too, it makes life better for staff and passenegers.

And I third or fourth or whatever to revamping of perks for repaet customers, at the very least to match Royal Carribbean.

We do love Celebrity just as it is but have high hopes for seeing it even better!

I like HAL's continental breakfast section, where I pick up a small box of cereal, milk, a roll or muffin, butter and marmalade. On cruises I eat very lightly at breakfast and lunch, so that I can enjoy a five-course dinner without worrying about not fitting into my swim trunks on the next day. On the Mercury, I am obliged to inch along in the buffet line behind others who select multitudes of stuff, before I finally get to the cold cereal and bread section.

I think Celebrity would do well to offer more significant perks for the Captains Club members, such as free internet for elite members (Princess does that) and free laundry and dry cleaning for elite members and suite pax (HAL does that). Don't get me wrong, I MUCH prefer a Celebrity cruise to Princess or HAL, but it'd be really nice if X's loyalty program actually offered something of real value!

Usha always has excellent suggestions and comments.

Most of my $ is spent on booze.

I don't do the Spa....sometimes I will buy a souvenier (t-shirt)

but my biggest expense is adult libations;)

I'm with Lois!!!!

The booze sticker.......like the soda sticker!

In case anyone actually reads this, I disagree about the laundry. I don't know why, but I hate the idea of self-service laundry. If I really need something cleaned, I send it out. That being said, perhaps they could offer bulk rates (say 10 pr of socks for $5)?

I am so puzzled by this! Why in the world would you care if self-serve laundry exists? Nobody is going to force you to use it or take away the laundry/dry-cleaning service! Other lines have both full-service and self-service. If you don't choose to use the self-service laundry, chances are that you would never even notice that it was there...

Oh, and to answer the question, I'd like to see X serve smaller portions. I find dining to be difficult because I come from a "clean-your-plate" mentality, and given the number of courses and size of the servings, I'm usually almost miserable by the time dinner is over. Yes, this is MY neurosis, but I think it would actually be better for all if portions were smaller. There would be less waste. There may be less weight gain. And if anybody needed more food, they could always get a double portion of their chosen dish or even order extra items to get more variety.

My wish is that Celebrity would respond to passengers' wish lists.

They have followed the "party" line for years: "This is my party and I'll make you cry if I want to." I think I mangled the context somewhere but I hope you get the drift.

I've filled in more than 40 comment cards and letters over the years, and the only feed back I ever got from a spokesperson (over the phone) is that "the elite booklets were in response to passenger input."

I agree with perks, laundry, smoking areas that actually ventilate, RCL-type benefits (another level)... but please add a larger dance floor on the new ships.

I don't know if other X ships have this problem, but I hope the communication on Mercury improves, so that all who signed up for the Connections Party get the info in plenty of time. In Jan, on our MR cruise, over half of us didn't get official word. We just happened to see new cruise friends on their way to the party which started in 5 min. and were able to go, but 30+ missed it.

More than once the activity schedule time and/or location were incorrect in the daily bulletin. :eek:

1) Ban smoking everywhere on the ship;

2) Prohibit spa staff from selling products;

3) Offer all-inclusive fares (they have to know what the average passenger spends on liquor, wine, sodas, etc.);

4) Put self service laundries on several decks; and

5) Let me bring my dogs!

We have been on many cruises, but this will be the second cruise since my husband's illness. He now uses a wheelchair. I was really unhappy with certain things on Princess during our December cruise. We couldn't sit together at shows. Ramps outside the dining room caused me no end of strained muscles, as we had his travel chair without a great braking system. And there was no one to help us at the buffet, not even a tray.

I will be extremely interested in finding out how conditions are for the handicapped on the Infinity in May. I hope for trays in the buffet. I hope we can be together at shows. I hope we are now seated where we have to traverse through a section of tables and have people move to let us through. I hope that one elevator would be available just for the handicapped during muster drills. I hope that Celebrity travelers are more sensitive and polite than the Princess travelers. I hope my husband can be more independent.

Cruising would be our preferred way of travel, and I hope cruise lines know how difficult things can be with wheelchairs.

I LOVE the idea of a booze card.

I do like that we can order liquor for our room, even though it costs an arm and a leg. I would just love to be able to buy a bottle at the liquor store and even pay an extra fee, just so I could sit on my vernadah and relax with a refreshing drink. Not everyone wants to drink wine.

lysolqn,

Just read a thread over on the Princess board in which some folks were complaining about the absence of trays at the Horizon Court buffet and how Princess should take a cue from Celebrity and provide trays for the convenience of its passengers.

That started me thinking about what "cues," if any, you would like to see Celebrity take from other cruise lines which would improve the product X offers and enhance your X cruise experience.

1. The big one: enforce dress codes, and do so consistently.

2, I also would like to see Celebrity adopt themed dinner menus similar to those on Princess.

Norm.

We have been on many cruises, but this will be the second cruise since my husband's illness. He now uses a wheelchair. I was really unhappy with certain things on Princess during our December cruise. We couldn't sit together at shows. Ramps outside the dining room caused me no end of strained muscles, as we had his travel chair without a great braking system. And there was no one to help us at the buffet, not even a tray.

I will be extremely interested in finding out how conditions are for the handicapped on the Infinity in May. I hope for trays in the buffet. I hope we can be together at shows. I hope we are now seated where we have to traverse through a section of tables and have people move to let us through. I hope that one elevator would be available just for the handicapped during muster drills. I hope that Celebrity travelers are more sensitive and polite than the Princess travelers. I hope my husband can be more independent.

Cruising would be our preferred way of travel, and I hope cruise lines know how difficult things can be with wheelchairs.

I do like that we can order liquor for our room, even though it costs an arm and a leg. I would just love to be able to buy a bottle at the liquor store and even pay an extra fee, just so I could sit on my vernadah and relax with a refreshing drink. Not everyone wants to drink wine.

Carol, the theater has space for you and your husband.

I have seen in the back where the seats are larger and you

can sit next to him.

In the buffet area there are always waiters around to help carry

your tray (in my experiences).

Can't give you an answer about the elevators for muster.

Dining room entrance~the Maitr'ds are usually right there and

if you need help, just ask:)

I can see Celebrity's point of view concerning self serve laundries. They are kind of a wasted space; they are maintenance nightmares; they generate negative revenue; and I wouldn't want my cabin next to it. Having said that, HAL offers a small bag (as much as you can stuff into it) for $12. Great service that really does cut back on the amount of items packed. (i,e, -- One bag can hold; 3 docker pants, 4 casual night shirts, 6 pair of underware, 5 tee shirts and 6 pairs of socks)

I would like to see Celebrity:

--offer Elite members the ability to select specific tables in the dining room online.

--Provide better TV programing in the cabins. Offer two, or three, movie channels.

--Dump the production shows and bring in Headliner entertainment.

--Eliminate smoking in all cabins.

Enjoy!

Kel

I don't travel with anyone in a wheelchair, but I have noticed the staff of the ships I've been on very helpful toward people with canes, walkers and chairs. If you go to the muster station a little early, they would probably allow you priority elevator access.

I have never carried my own tray at the buffet, I can't imagine them NOT helping you.

On the first day, go to the dining room and check out your table. I'm sure if you see any potential difficulties, they would rectify them for you by perhaps placing you at a table closer to the entrance.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise! Infinity is a beautiful ship.

Carol just ask for assistance the X people in the past have done great things, but sometimes you will have to ask as many individuals want to keep there independence. The liq. is $ but get it delivered to your cabin and then rest and relax after your drink.:)

Carol just ask for assistance the X people in the past have done great things, but sometimes you will have to ask as many individuals want to keep there independence. The liq. is $ but get it delivered to your cabin and then rest and relax after your drink.:)

Ah..very good point Bruton, and I should know better. I once had a blind woman start yelling at me in public for holding the door open for her. Really. Funny part was it wasn't like I ran over to help. She happened to be behind me and I held it as I would for anyone behind me.

Oh well. I still tend to help if I can.

Archived