What can X do to make your cruise better?

lysolqn

quote=hybrn8

1) Ban smoking everywhere on the ship; Will probably never happen!

2) Prohibit spa staff from selling products;:)

3) Offer all-inclusive fares (they have to know what the average passenger spends on liquor, wine, sodas, etc.);:)

4) Put self service laundries on several decks; and :)

5) Let me bring my dogs! :eek: LOL...YEAH RIGHT! Glad you're not in charge :p

It's called customer service on land and customer relations on board your ship while sailing. This is often lacking at Celebrity and with many of the other cruise lines as well.

The annoyances and difficulties stated by others above are understanable and part of any vacation, but should you have an emergency on board your ship the response and handling of your situation may be handled in an exemplary manner or you may be partly abandoned and ignored. This depends upon the personnal on duty at that time and their willingness to provide information and problem solve in that emergency.

In my case I was treated in a very professional and caring manner initially and then left abandoned and pretty much ignored in a foreign country. Luckily I had other family members on board who diligently pressed the issue for information for my where abouts and condition. Unfortunately, they were often given the run around. Though a representative from the cruise line eventully contacted my wife, it was 2 days after we needed help. Subsequent written correspondence at home with customer relations was ignored.

It should be noted that at no time have I ever asked to be compensated in any way from Celebrity. I have read other threads when people complain about their difficulty and are then accused of looking for some sort of compensation. That was not the case for me.

When on vacation, the proof of all the advertising from Cellebrity or any cruise line is how you are treated in an emergency situation and the follow up concerns from that cruise line. To me that proves the real essence of that company.

Michael

--Provide better TV programing in the cabins. Offer two, or three, movie channels.

Why didn't I think of that? Better TV is a biggie! Although I don't want more movie channels (I don't need to commit for two hours). I'd like something with shorter programming just so there's something diverting to put on when you go back to the room to change for dinner or while you're getting ready in the morning, or even when you're going to bed at night... A Nick-at-Nite style block of classic sitcom episodes (think "Alice" and "One Day at a Time" and "Three's Company", but you could also go more current) would work just fine for me. The licensing fees would be dirt cheap, and they could buy enough that they could go 14 days without repeating!

I'll go along with 1) self serve laundry (use it if you need it, otherwise ignore it), 2) better tv offerings (ever been sick on board and couldn't do anything but watch tv -- you get real sick of the current programming options real fast) 3) less in-the-hallway selling, and as a matter of fact, less selling of all kinds, including the incredibly wasteful newspaper inserts and add 4) better libraries and finally, my number one pet peeve:

the end-of-cruise comment and rating form. It's pitiful. When it comes down to our waiters and housekeeping staff having to beg us to be sure to name them on the comment form or they won't get bonuses, the whole process has lost any statistical significance it might have had. Hearing from crew members that anything less than a perfect score means they failed makes me cringe.

Katherine

I must agree on the posters that suggest better perks for Captains Club. Royal Caribbean really knows how to treat their past passengers.

Self service laundry would be great also. Carnival has it on some ships and it is nice to spend maybe 1/2 hour on the first day or 2 to iron wrinkles out of clothes that were probably packed way to soon. It would be nice to see my DH without a big crease down the back of his shirts!

We seem to have gotten into a laundry subject. Just got off an 11 day cruise that had no self laundry, had to pack tons of clothes. On the MSC Opera near the end of their cruise they offered a special to wash and iron 10 items for $20.00. Didn't use the service as I still would be bringing home the same amount of clothing I started with.

1. Enforce the dress code.

2. Give top Captain Club members advanced notice for booking newly announced cruises.

3. DON'T include drinks. Can you imagine all the drunkards that'll over do it to get their monies worth?!

4. Only allow MY dog. (Kidding.)

5. Make one side of ship's cabins and balconies all non-smoking just like the public areas.

6. Include end of cruise tips to waiters, bus boys, cabin attendents, etc. into cruise price. I'll give more to the ones who really deserve it.

7. Tone down the hard sells at the spa and the end of cruise surveys.

8. DVD players in all rooms and suites.

9. Money left on pillows instead of chocolates at night. :)

someone on another thread mentioned HAL chimes and it reminded me that I loved Sitmar cruises dinner time chimes... They were quiet and short and then a voice with a heavy Italian accent would say:

"Ladies and gentlemen, second seating dinner is now being servvvveeed. We weeesh you buon appetito."

That was a nice classy, continental touch and it wouldn't hurt for Celebrity to add something like that... bring back a little more of the traditional cruising experience.

I haven't sailed Celebrity yet but am booked for October. So, my wish list is more general, and I know I'm repeating myself.

I'd like...

1. Booze card like the soda card.

2. Headliner entertainment. I often skip the shows, because I just find them too much of a not-very-good thing at times. Maybe I'm a snob about that.

3. Different size bags for laundry - small for $10, medium for $20 and large for $25 or something like that.

4. Include tip in price of the cruise - like that's going to happen!

5. Better options on TV, especially if on a 14 night cruise.

6. No selling by the spa attendants. She/he can give list of what products were used, and they can be available at the desk if one wants to purchase. I would up making a sympathy buy on my first traditional cruise. What a waste of money! Now I know better.

7. Enforce behavior of children (are there many children on Celebrity?).

I guess that does it for me.

Just a few comments on how Celebrity treats folks in a wheelchair

In the dining room the waiter or maitre'd will push your husband to his table and out again. You can call special services and request a table near the entrance. They will handle a tray for you in the buffet and then go get your drinks.

In the show lounge you can sit in an arm chair at the back of the seats next to the wheelchair. My husband transfers to a chair and folds his chair. The Celebrity folks usually do this for us.

At muster drill go early to your station and the person in charge will let you leave a little early so that you can use the elevator. Just remind them.

Make sure you remind the desk that you will need special assistance when you disembark. On the Millennium in Barcelona a pool guy came to our cabin and pushed my husband all the way to the cab stand.

My wish is for the CC perks to be some things that you can really use. How about clothes pressing and laundry.

Hi:) ......the kids question....well many times it depends on

the itinerary and length of cruise as to how many are on board.

You could put #8...Enforce Behavior of Adults too;) :D

OT....I see you live in NC now? It is a small world....back in

the late 90s or earlier this Century I had very good friends who

were originally from Scotland and chose to live in the Mountains

of NC too....Near Asheville.....such beautiful country:)

Hi:) ......the kids question....well many times it depends on

the itinerary and length of cruise as to how many are on board.

You could put #8...Enforce Behavior of Adults too;) :D

OT....I see you live in NC now? It is a small world....back in

the late 90s or earlier this Century I had very good friends who

were originally from Scotland and chose to live in the Mountains

of NC too....Near Asheville.....such beautiful country:)

I agree about some adults need to have their behavior enforced. DH uses a walker and wheelchair, and last summer on the NCL Dawn there were bunches of children running wild and into him without stopping. But, it was August when school was out.

I'm not from Scotland but do love the country. We live near Asheville, and yes, the mountains are wonderful.

Oh, you are sailing with a good friend of mine in Oct:) ..Lorraine

(TropicalSunset) and her hubby.

I had the pleasure of sailing with them last year for her

50th birthday:). They are good people!

Lois, we have a fairly active Roll Call for our October cruise, and one of the group has a web page. Lorraine and Dave are on the roll call. They're also on a bus we're on from Rome to the port on the day the cruise begins. And, we've organized a couple of buses from the port to the airport on the day we return. I'm in charge of one of the buses, and they're on "my" bus.

I'll tell them hello.

Thanks:) I chat with Lorraine in the Floataway Lounge too.:D

I wish I could go on this cruise with ya'll! Just not possible

for me though:eek:

I am sure you will have a fabulous time:) I will be on Galaxy

next March!

As a traditionally HAL cruiser, and therefore spends most of his time over on the HAL board, I found the comments here very interesting. Substitute HAL for Celebrity and you'd have almost exactly the same things that we kick around over on that part of CC. I find the lack of benefits/perks for the Captain's Club exactly the same as the lack of benefits for HAL's Mariner's Club. As for why I'm here....well, we're coming back to Celebrity (had a fantastic Galaxy cruise a couple of years ago) for a Quest cruise next year...so now I'm a Celebrity person again. :)

Hey Lois! Thanks for the welcome back! We've had two cruises since the Galaxy cruise....one very good and, the last one, not so good. Real happy to give Celebrity another go and really looking forward to the Quest.

Hi Randy,:) from what I gather you are picking a different sort of ship.

Much smaller in size with a higher price point..well higher for me;)

I am sure you will both have a great time though!

I am finally sailing Galaxy next year:D should be fun...for

my 50th birthday 10 nights out of San Juan. Figure that

milestone deserves something special:)

My thanks and appreciation go out to all of you who replied to my concerns about traveling with my dear husband. I feel ever so much better. But of course in my heart, I knew that Celebrity would take good care of us.

It's going to be a really really fun trip. There are so many Cruise Critic people going and plans are underway for getting together on sailing day.

And I will be able to hold hands with DH in the theatre. ;)

I haven't sailed Celebrity yet but am booked for October. So, my wish list is more general, and I know I'm repeating myself.

I'd like...

1. Booze card like the soda card.

Great idea! Ooh, how about a Martini card!!! I want one! I would get my money's worth out of that.:p

Lisa

In case anyone actually reads this, I disagree about the laundry. I don't know why, but I hate the idea of self-service laundry. If I really need something cleaned, I send it out. That being said, perhaps they could offer bulk rates (say 10 pr of socks for $5)?

Also, I'm a smoker but totally agree about a non smoking lounge or 2. I don't feel the need to smoke at all times and I have no problem removing myself to a smoking area if I feel the need. Although, it IS nice to have a drink and a cigarette in the same place.

It probably would make everyone happy if they just gave everyone a choice, either do your own laundry, or pay the high fee for them to do it. common sense to me!

I am a non-smoker and would appreciate a non-smoking lounge. But, as long as a segregated area would be for smokers that would be acceptable for me. I know that smokers feel discriminated against so much of the time. Don't want to open a can of worms with that comment;) .

My thanks and appreciation go out to all of you who replied to my concerns about traveling with my dear husband. I feel ever so much better. But of course in my heart, I knew that Celebrity would take good care of us.

It's going to be a really really fun trip. There are so many Cruise Critic people going and plans are underway for getting together on sailing day.

And I will be able to hold hands with DH in the theatre. ;)

WoozerMom,

I have a question off the topic...hope I don't get deleted;) I am intrigued by your username "WoozerMom", I am intrigued because my nickname is Woozer (per my user name) and thought there could not possibly be another person in the world using that nickname!

Also, my parents love X, my father is disabled and they treat them right! No worries, I know that after trying different lines my parents are stuck on X and are coming back!

No Worries!

Woo

Archived