What can X do to make your cruise better?

lysolqn

I'll take the Gin and Tonic card myself!! :D

Wow! I am definitely for the drink card...martini card would be fantastic:p ! , doubt if we will ever see that happen though.

I love Scotland too! Love the username!

My thanks and appreciation go out to all of you who replied to my concerns about traveling with my dear husband. I feel ever so much better. But of course in my heart, I knew that Celebrity would take good care of us.

It's going to be a really really fun trip. There are so many Cruise Critic people going and plans are underway for getting together on sailing day.

And I will be able to hold hands with DH in the theatre. ;)

My partner is paraplegic. Between Princess and X, we have been happier with how X handles accessibility issues.

1. Theatre--You MUST arrive early. We have never had a problem getting seats together, but we plan ahead. We arrive in the theatre about 30 minutes early. To kill time, we have a drink or bring a book to read. Here is a little secret on the M class ships: There is wheelchair seating on the lower level, port side near the stage. To get there you have to go through a staff only area which is a very short hall that has the entertainment staff offices. Talk to the entertainment director and they will probably give you permission. The Summit cruise director tracked us down to let us know about the special hallway. Even with the secret hall, you must arrive early to get good seating.

2. Buffet--We have found X to be great in helping with trays. Nomally, Ken has a staff person walking the entire line with him. He does not need that level of service, but they seem to always insist.... and to be honest, I think he likes being waited on, so he does not protest too much. :)

3. Ramps, etc.--Does not matter which ship, there are going to be some area somewhere that has a ramp or bump that is a bit difficult. It is the nature of the beast. On the newer ships there have been great strides to reduce problem areas, but it is still not 100%. On the plus side, X seems to be Johnny-On-The-Spot to help if someone is around.

4. Muster--X does allow handicap to use the elevator going to muster. Follow the theatre rule... go early. Find out the time for muster and just be there. When you are dismissed, either stay on the deck you are on for about thirty minutes or make a run for the elevators. The elevators are packed for 15-30 minutes after muster. We normally just hang out on the same deck until things calm down.

5. Independant--Ken has no trouble dissapearing for hours on end. Example: He went to a show without me... as he rolled in the theatre, someone handed him a champagne glass and a bit up the ramp he was given a little chocolate.. he was not really thinking, but suddendly he had something in both hands and no way to push himself.. before he could decide whether to eat/drink something to free up a hand, an X staffer was behind him pushing.

6. Tenders--Tendering in a wheelchair is always a little scary if you cannot get out of the chair. Ken cannot. Between X and Princess, X was much better. It was still scary because they take you down the steps backwards and almost flat on your back because of the tilt of the chair.... but, X seemed to have better control of the situation and were much more concerned about the comfort of the person in the chair.

I hoped this helps.

Barry

We were on a 10 Baltic cruise on HAL last year. We paid $19 for a very large bag of laundry that was :o washed by them. They even ironed our under garments. My husband was thrilled. He doesn't get that kind of service at home.

From Princess

1) At least one "Anytime" restaurant, or more tables for 2.

2) Adult pools on every ship. Pools open up to midnight.

3) Seafood buffets with open Alaskan crab legs, lobsters, shrimp. No reservation buffets for dinner.

4) More live entertainment choices at night.

I think they can enforce the dress code more. I just got off an X cruise, and their were some tables around ours that had no regards to the dress code what so ever. I have disregarded the dress code a time or two only on rare occassions and only for something really important. One year in Nassau, an excursion was really late, and I was in a tank and shorts and it was the last night of the cruise and we had early dinner so as soon as I get to the ship and thru security I start running up the stairs and go straight for the dining room letting our waiter know that we were on our way and we didn't forget about him as we wanted to directly give him his tip. On those certain occassions its okay. They were with a church group and no disrespect but the pastor was one of the rudest people I had ever seen, he almost made this waiter drop 16 entree's twice and the waiter said excuse me and still wouldn't move. Then to top this off it was during rough seas so their were alot of really high waves as their was a high tide alert. One guy on formal night was in a polo and dockers and was in blue jeans and shorts the rest of the time. I couldn't believe some of the attire the restuarant let them in wiht. It jsut blew my mind but almost everyone paid attention to the dress code which I liked.

I can see Celebrity's point of view concerning self serve laundries. They are kind of a wasted space; they are maintenance nightmares; they generate negative revenue; and I wouldn't want my cabin next to it. Having said that, HAL offers a small bag (as much as you can stuff into it) for $12. Great service that really does cut back on the amount of items packed. (i,e, -- One bag can hold; 3 docker pants, 4 casual night shirts, 6 pair of underware, 5 tee shirts and 6 pairs of socks)

I would like to see Celebrity:

--offer Elite members the ability to select specific tables in the dining room online.

--Provide better TV programing in the cabins. Offer two, or three, movie channels.

--Dump the production shows and bring in Headliner entertainment.

--Eliminate smoking in all cabins.

Enjoy!

Kel

I totally agree with the tv issue. We just got off the Constellation on Friday. I think we saw the same episode of the Beverly Hillbillies three times and all three times the ending was cut off. They offered no recent releases at all unless you did pay-per-view. We were never in the cabin long enough to purchase a movie and watch the entire thing.

Over the past few years on RCCL and Princess, they offered recent releases which were aired daily at different times. By the end of the cruise we had seen each movie in its entirety.

Archived