4 Days and Counting Until I'm Aboard the Victory!! Any Requests??

Ronnie&Stacy

Hi all! Well, it's T minus 4 days and counting..... :D

Before my last 2 cruises on Carnival, I did a similar post and it was nice to get some questions from CC members before leaving so I knew exactly what some of you wanted to hear in my review. So, here it is again!

I've been a CC member for a couple of years...and some of you may remember me by my former CC name "StacyandTim"....(had to ditch the name because "Tim" is no longer in the picture...LOL).

An interesting aspects of this cruise is that it is my fiance's (Ronnie) first time EVER on a cruise!!!!! It's so cute because with all the negative media attention the cruise industry has been getting lately, he's SO NERVOUS and completely unaware of what to expect. I keep insisting (as do our friends and family) that he will have a wonderful time and want to cruise again even before he gets off this one! So, we'll see!

Anyway, I've got my suitcases packed and waiting by the door....

We're driving down to Florida from Rhode Island, and I've never done that before, so that should be interesting too.

Will keep you all posted!!! :)

Hi Stacy,

I think this is a great idea you have!

I will be sailing in August, and I was curious about a couple things...

First of all, I want to know if the food on the buffet is any good. My family sailed on the Miracle before and none of us were impressed with the buffet food. So I'm curious as to what your opinion would be of the food.

Also, how easy is it to get around the ship?

And of course, what we're your favorite parts of the cruise, what should we not miss, etc.!

Thanks in advance!

-Erin

Hi Erin! Well, I can answer one of your questions already....

The Victory has the same layout as the Carnival Triumph (both Triumph class ships), and I found the Triumph to be very easy to navigate.

As far as your other questions....I will definitely let you know about the buffet food and my favorite parts of the cruise!

~ Stacy

Ellebelle ~ We are definitely going to have FUN! I'll be sure to keep her in tip-top shape for your arrival ;) !!

I get up WAYYYY earlier than DF, so I figured that will be my only "downtime" to hop online and post my updates and pictures...so keep an eye out for them!

(yes, I bring my laptop on all my cruises....I can't live without it for a week...it also helps to upload and caption photos daily to free up space on my digital camera's memory card)

~ Stacy

HI Stacy,

(We you the one with the picture taken at night in your siggy, with the ship and two couples? Always loved that picture)

Anyway, just as I was going to start asking questions it dawned on me that I wouldn't see your answers until after we got back!

Have a great cruise!!

I am going on a group cruise in June on the Victory. I would like to know if the doors are metallic or just the door frames. I would like to make magnetic signs for the doors. If I can't just stick the signs on the doors as a magnet, I will have to bring some extra double stick tape.

Thanks and have a great cruise!!

We are booked on the Victory for a Sept cruise up to New England / Canada. I am a bit gunshy about picking a room since our last cruise was on the Crown Princess and it was bar none, the worst cruise I have been on (still better than a week at work, though). This was all due to being in a very noisy cabin right under the pool deck and outdoor grill. Yowsa...the noise went on 24/7. So, in looking at what was available on this ship for that cruise, there was little to choose from....although there was a completely aft balcony left that I booked. There is a white space below which I was told was storage and was wondering what kind of noise level was present and how often. I cannot imagine a storage area would generate that much noise. I understand there will be times when noisy...but 24/7 is something I am not interested in.

If you do meet up with anybody staying in these cabins on the main deck, the ones that look out at the wake of the ship, well....would appreciate any feedback. thanks

Have a great cruise!!

Hi Ronnie and Stacy,

I was on the Victory last month, one of the best cruises I've had. You'll love it.

If your lounging around the pool area and happen to get Paul from the Phillipines, tell him Kevin and Toni said Hi. He was, by far, the best server I've ever had. Very personable, takes time out to talk to you and is never pushy, which i like.

Have fun!

Hi all! Well, it's T minus 4 days and counting..... :D

We're driving down to Florida from Rhode Island, and I've never done that before, so that should be interesting too.

Yep 4 days, We are on the same Sailing as you. We were on the Victory back in November and had a great time, were also on the Triumph in January and I was much happier with the Victory. Only problem I have is no balcony this time, but it is a free cruise (we won it when on the Triumph) so I guess I can not complain.

Just read your post on the roll-call, and don't know if/where/when we will all meet.

Driving from Rhode Island. Have fun, with the price of gas, it will probably cost you more to drive than the cost of the cruise. Are you parking at the port? If you want to save a little money you might want to try this place http://www.unitedairportparking.com/ $8 per day with a shuttle to and from.

We are flying into FLL from Raleigh NC on Saturday, but driving home, Hertz rental from Fla for $2.90 per day and with all the souveniers and liquor that my DW buys it makes it easier than trying to stuff it all in luggage on a plane.

Wife and I are on Victory in July. If you see one of those shipd diagrams where they show the ship from the side and locate all the clubs, bars, dining rooms etc. I'd LOVE to see that.

Also, where are you from in Rhody. We lived in Coventry and I worked in Providence for about 2 yrs. I can't believe an Islander is driving to Florida. I thought Narraganset was the absolute limit.:)

Thanks again and have a great trip.

JG

Can't wait to read your review I would love to be back on her! We had so much fun! Are fav place was the aft pool with a great book! We had 8pm seating in the Pacific dining room would love to try the other dining room the motor vibration was a bit much?

Have an awsome time!:) :) :)

Archived