?? Re: Grosvernor House

pedirn

We booked this hotel post cruise through RCCL. We are aware of construction but after talking to management decided to take a chance. But now checking on web site at ammenities, I noticed it does not mention a coffee pot in the room. Has anyone stayed here that can shed some light on this (or anything else I might need to know)? Or should I just plan on packing my immersion coil and some instant coffee?

Chris

We booked this hotel post cruise through RCCL. We are aware of construction but after talking to management decided to take a chance. But now checking on web site at ammenities, I noticed it does not mention a coffee pot in the room. Has anyone stayed here that can shed some light on this (or anything else I might need to know)? Or should I just plan on packing my immersion coil and some instant coffee?

Chris

Never leave home to go on holiday without your immersion coil...:eek: ;)

I would suspect they expect you to order from Room Service. Doubt if a 5* hotel would have a kettle, UHT milk and cup/saucer set up in the room when they could charge for it!

I checked out the websites for a few other 5* hotels here [eg; Claridges] and neither of these mention kettles either....

We stayed there 35 years ago, so can't tell you anything about it today. It was a lovely hotel and in a good part of town. I'm sure you will love it.

The British hotels aren't as modern as some of ours, so doubt it will have the coffee pots.

Archived