Another question....Which side is port side?

I will be sailing on AOS to the S. Carribbean on July 22nd. I can't figure out where to find the information as to whether my cabin (7334) is port side or starboard. Also, what are the advantages/disadvantages.

Thanks for any information!:)

Port is to the left when facing forward on the ship.

Easy way to remember: Port = Left

They both have 4 letters.

There are other little tricks too...

Navigation lights for example: the port lights are red. Port wine (traditionally) is Red. (More and more ports i.e. pear port are not)

(Starboard nav lights are green).

Hope this helps,

Jay

No port LEFT in the bottle (the port side is on the left of the ship)...hope that helps.

The difference between starboard and port really depends where you're sailing as regards to which is the sunny side.

Also sunsets, sunrises etc.

Hope that helps....

(btw - the LEFT is when you are facing towards the front of the ship)..:D

I will be sailing on AOS to the S. Carribbean on July 22nd. I can't figure out where to find the information as to whether my cabin (7334) is port side or starboard. Also, what are the advantages/disadvantages.

Thanks for any information!:)

Your cabin is mid ship, starboard side. When you are on the ship, facing forward (the front of the ship), port side will be on your left, starboard will be on your right. Aft will be behind you (back of the ship).

I'm not sure there are advantages or disadvantages to which side of ship you're on....usually people talk about whether they're in the middle, forward or aft part as far as that's concerned. Check out the Cabin selection forum, you might find some useful points there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=207

Thanks for all the replies! Port/Left is how I will remember from now on.

Our ports are Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Mostly I wanted to be able to take advantage of our balconey, watching us pull into port. I suppose I'm on the wrong side of the ship for that.:(

Thanks for all the replies! Port/Left is how I will remember from now on.

Our ports are Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Mostly I wanted to be able to take advantage of our balconey, watching us pull into port. I suppose I'm on the wrong side of the ship for that.:(

On the contrary, "Port" has no connection to whether you will dock on your side of the ship or the Starboard side. From week to week that may change considering which other ships are in port at the same time. Don't worry that you won't be able to watch the docking at least part of your stops! Have a great trip!

On the contrary, "Port" has no connection to whether you will dock on your side of the ship or the Starboard side. From week to week that may change considering which other ships are in port at the same time. Don't worry that you won't be able to watch the docking at least part of your stops! Have a great trip!

i agree it all depends on the port. just go opposite to whatever side we take because we're always on the wrong side. lol

Archived