Did I make a mistake?

SmokinActuary

I booked through an online agent the Feb 9, 2008 Crown Cruise out of San Juan, guaranteed BE balcony or better.

Afterwards I realized another agent was offering a BB or better for two hundred more.

I am worried that I will get a full exposed balcony.

Should I upgrade to mini-suite?

Thanks in advance.

I booked through an online agent the Feb 9, 2008 Crown Cruise out of San Juan, guaranteed BE balcony or better.

Afterwards I realized another agent was offering a BB or better for two hundred more.

I am worried that I will get a full exposed balcony.

Should I upgrade to mini-suite?

Thanks in advance.

First of all there is no fully exposed balconies - Mini Suites on Dolphin deck are all fully exposed.

Cat BB can be a Caribe Balcony which has the largest Balconies other than a full suite and aft balconies on the ship - they are half covered.

IMO - if you are that worried about location I would cancel and book the room you want. For us we could care less so we always either book at guar mini or guar regular balcony and it has always worked out for us.

Do you know what deck your on or will be on?

Dolphin and Caribe Decks are the only decks with exposed balconies.

Dolphin is completely exposed mini-suites, and Caribe is half exposed and half covered balconies.

If you are worried about being in a stateroom with an exposed balcony, you could always try to request a room on another deck.

I recommend A514 on Aloha Deck. My family had that room and it was great.

Booking a guarantee can be a good deal. We do it often.

BUT -- you must be perfectly willing to accept ANY cabin in the guaranteed category OR any higher category. If you are worried about location, balcony size, covered or obscured, or have any other particular preference -- then do NOT book a guarantee! It is as simple as that.

If you are at all concerned about your cabin, then pick a particular cabin, pay the price, lock it in, and have your TA mark it DO NOT UPGRADE.

Have a GREAT cruise!

[quote=flvol77;9792944

Cat BB can be a Caribe Balcony which has the largest Balconies other than a full suite and aft balconies on the ship - they are half covered..

So are you saying these balconies are bigger than mini suite balconies ?

Archived