Rec. transfer from Anchorage to Whittier 9/17

southwardbound

Take the train, gets in around noon, plenty of time for the 1:30pm boat trip. But this leaves from the downtown depot.

Why do you need the airport?? Or get a lodging that has both shuttles- the Ramada on Muldoon does, if this is to turn in your rental car??

The reason why we are needing a shuttle from Anchorage airport is that we are returning a rental car that was rented a week prior when we flew into Anchorage.

We can't take the train because its last service is on Sept 16.:(

That's why we are looking for a recommendation for transport -one way from Anchorage Airport to Whittier, hopefully to benefit from a PWS glacier tour before embarking on the Coral on Sept 17. Guess I wasn't clear the specified date. Sorry about that.

Do You know if either of them offer a one-way shuttle or is it only round trip? And yes, they are quite pricey....:) That is why I was tryin to possible find another option.

Sorry don't know that answer but pretty sure you could email them or they both do have 800#'s you could call.

Not too many things run between here and Whittier. I know there have been some other companies that have been mentioned on threads throughout the Alaska ports of call so hopefully someone else will jump in.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Do You know if either of them offer a one-way shuttle or is it only round trip? And yes, they are quite pricey....:) That is why I was tryin to possible find another option.

I'm going the other way (Whittier to Anchorage) and have talked to Prince William Sound cruises about adding on one-way transportation. They said it was possible, you'll just need to call them and talk with a live person rather than doing it on their website. We're opting for the evening train.

• 1 month later...
We are looking for a recommended transfer from Anchorage airport to Whittier for embarkation on the Coral Princess or PWS glacier tour and then embarkation on the Coral. Thanks:)

We are onboard the same cruise as you are and we are having problems with the transfer due to the closing of the cruise season.

We have located this site which we hope will help you out

http://www.exploreanchorage.net/1571.cfm

Would you have any idea as to what time you can start to embark.

Our TA advises it is after 16.00, however i am sure i have read that some have boarded asearly as lunch time.

We will see you onboard

We used Salmonberry Tours (http://www.salmonberrytours.com) for a Seward-Anchorage trip; I'm sure they do Whittier as well. Again, a bit of a pricey option, but you get a personalized tour where you call the shots. We had a blast. You've got enough time to try and get a few others to share the trip, which will bring your cost down. One advantage of the local companies is you can generally negotiate package deals. Most of the shuttle/transfer costs are set in stone.

Note that you might be able to return your rental car to a downtown location. Check with your rental company. Most companies who have offices both downtown and at the airport allow drops downtown for no additional charge. However, at this late date to make a change now might mean a change in your rate. If that is the case, just ask upon arrival at the rental car counter in Anchorage airport about dropping it off downtown.

Archived