Is there any rhyme or reason to price adjustments?

I'm sailing on AOS July 22nd to the S. Carribbean. I have been watching diligently - daily, and sometimes more than once - the prices to see if I can catch a better deal. These darn rates have not budged - not once! I try to check at different time of the day to no avail.

We booked through RCI ourselves. To check the prices I do a search by inserting the appropriate date span and ship (AOS). I fill in all the applicable information, then I pick the same cabin category. Am I missing something?:confused:

Its so awesome to be going - and I'm so excited. But it would be a bonus to catch a break on the price - it would just mean more to spend in the ports!

Alternatively, I would be just as pleased to be able to upgrade to a JS for little to no money, but those rates do not change, as well.

Any ideas/info from the veterans is very appreciated!! :)

It is all based on supply and demand, if the ship is selling steadily then you won't see the price drop. In 11 cruises I have never gotten a price decrease. All the prices of mine seem to go up, up, up. Our Alaska cruise has gone up 800$ per person so far and we still have several months to go. Even the week before our Panama cruise a couple of weeks ago, the price of the D1's went up 700$ the last week.

We have received one price decrease thru RCL. It's a matter of luck. Supply and Demand. You'll get lucky once in a while. Keep searching. RCL knows how to play this game, they make the rules and are in business to make money. As a shareholder, I appreciate that.

Rick

I have three cruises booked right now. I did end up with a residence discount on my Mariner cruise a couple weeks after booking. But my cabin category has since gone up more than $800. I've seen no drop on Liberty. I haven't seen a drop on Adventure, but I happened to catch it right after the prices dropped pretty dramatically. There were all sorts of people on the 2/08 sailings that were upgrading because the prices went down so low. In fact, I booked a JS for less than the D1/2 on Mariner & Liberty. Here's hoping you catch a price drop!

As others have noted dpends on how your particular sailing is selling but considering you are going during the summer I would not be too hopeful for any price reductions but just keep checking, you never know.

Archived