1 bottle of wine

pcmodem

So we're cruising on the carnival miracle here in a couple of days, and I had a silly question - the "you may bring 1 bottle of wine onboard" rule, how does that work?

do we just pack it in the luggage? do we have to show it to them special? is it 1 bottle per person? (I'd have to assume that it is) making 2 bottles of wine in the luggage ok?

Also, anybody know where you can find what TV channels the cabin TV will have? My gf will be quite upset if she misses her american idol, she tells me hehe.

thanks!

So we're cruising on the carnival miracle here in a couple of days, and I had a silly question - the "you may bring 1 bottle of wine onboard" rule, how does that work?

do we just pack it in the luggage? do we have to show it to them special? is it 1 bottle per person? (I'd have to assume that it is) making 2 bottles of wine in the luggage ok?

Also, anybody know where you can find what TV channels the cabin TV will have? My gf will be quite upset if she misses her american idol, she tells me hehe.

thanks!

You can put in in your carry on. Yes, one bottle per person wine/champagne. Don't know how they have been since spring break, but it used to be a "reasonable" amount could be carried on. :)

As for the tv channels, don't expect much. I think we saw taped reruns of shows. We were on Carnival Fascination out of Miami. When we did Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda I think we had just about the same amount of tv shows. They expect you not to stay in your cabin watching tv, so I guess they don't go all out on channels.

Funny, I was just about to come ask this same question about the wine! ;) I'm wanting to take a couple of bottles on the Triumph in a few weeks. Do you all recommend wrapping them up in bubble wrap in your carry on (in case they need to go through X-rays), or do you just normally set them in your carry on bag with no protection from breaking? thanks!

I was wondering about this too.... can you bring a wine opener? Also, can you get wine glasses on ship to use?

There were wine glasses provided for you on the vanity above the mini-bar when we were on the Valor in February.:)

(Carnival Spirit - Jan. 2008)

Carnival Valor - Feb. 2007

Norwegian Star - Sept. 2005

Funny, I was just about to come ask this same question about the wine! ;) I'm wanting to take a couple of bottles on the Triumph in a few weeks. Do you all recommend wrapping them up in bubble wrap in your carry on (in case they need to go through X-rays), or do you just normally set them in your carry on bag with no protection from breaking? thanks!

Yes, wrap them in something! :)

Cotton, Now I thought you couldn't take wine aboard? I'm cruising on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas next week and it says no booze at all.

Is this a case by case choice? I see you sailed on RCCL, and did you take

wine then?

RCCL doesn't allow it, Carnival still does. :(

I always take two bottles of wine on my cruises, and I'm a solo cruiser.

Tell your g/f to tape Idol before she leaves home. She may or may not be able to get it on the ship.

Im willing to bet they dont look it up how many are in the cabin and assume at least two people. We put the wine in the same suitcase for the two of us.

I brought a wine opened onto Rhapsody because the TA was supposed to be delivering a bottle of wine to our cabin. No problem with bringing your own wine opener.

At one time, I took my own corkscrew for my wine (very heavily wrapped in bubblewrap in my checked luggage). No problem. One time, I forgot to take it, and my cabin steward on Carnival gave me a nice Carnival logo corkscrew. I handed it back to him on the last evening, and he said no, it's for you.:)

Archived