JS - Concierge

HPCW

I am a first time RCI cruiser going on Explorer July 15th to Bermuda. I have read that suites get to use the Concierge Lounge and other perks. Is that with the JS. I wanted to get a GS but they seem to have none avail. Any idea if we get the perks and if not what is the best way to persue an upgrade (I am perfectly willing to pay for it). I booked through RCI website and have never used a TA.

HELP!!!!!:eek:

Here we go. Let me make the first strike.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that being said. JS is not intended to get concierge. Some folks will tell you that you can if you tote a brochure with a certain mistake in it and point it out to the front desk. But, it was never RCI's intention to allow concierge to JS guests.

Only GS and above, or Diamond and Diamond Plus C&A members, are supposed to have access to the concierge on those ships which have one.

You can check with the pier coordinator when you check in at the pier to see if any upgrades are available. Until your cruising date, however, I would suggest continuing to check to see if a suite becomes available. If you are willing to pay the price, you might be successful. However, while concierge access is a nice perk, there is a limit to how much I think it is worth.

Only GS and above get the concierge service. We always book JS's--perfect size for 2, and have never missed the concierge!

You can always be put on the waitlist for a specific GS. (Unfortunately, they make you choose a specific cabin #, rather than giving you the option of 1st available GS!!! Don't know why!)

Thank you, nothing worse than starting off you vacation and finding out that you are not getting what you expected. Thank you all for clearing it up for me. I will work on the upgrade but it doesn't sound like I will be that disappointed.

Just remember a if you are a Diamond member it doesn't matter what category you book........you will get concierge.........but I'm assuming you aren't Diamond although you didn't specifically mention it.

Thank you, nothing worse than starting off you vacation and finding out that you are not getting what you expected. Thank you all for clearing it up for me. I will work on the upgrade but it doesn't sound like I will be that disappointed.

The JS's are wonderful staterooms, IMO. So, if you aren't able to get a GS, no worries. The Concierge Lounge is nice and all, but it's not by any means a deal breaker for most people. (Notice I say "most" because there are some who say they simply refuse to cruise without one.) After you complete your cruise and sign up for Crown & Anchor, you will get 2 cruise credits for a JS because that one little "perk" is truly for JS and above.

(C&A credits work like this:

1 credit for any cruise (any length)

1 additional credit for cruising in JS and above

1 additional credit for single cruises of 12 nights or longer

Maximum credits for any one cruise is 3)

As for how to get that upgrade, have you asked to be put on a waiting list? I don't see why they couldn't note it on your ressie. Of course you should keep checking the website to see if a GS opens up. After all, people do cancel sometimes. You should check carefully in the days right after final payment is due in a couple of weeks. That's when many people let ressies go because it's the last time they can do so without penalty.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise no matter which stateroom you have.:)

beachchick

p.s. to isujim: HPCW is a first-time RCI cruiser--but surely it won't be the last time!

Archived