Amsterdam

Prinsendam

Zaandam

Also:

Rotterdam V

Noordam III

Nieuw Amsterdam (the "old" one)

Westerdam (the "old" one)

I doubt that I will ever sail on all the ships in the HAL fleet since I still have no desire to sail on the Vista class ships. However, since the Oosterdam docks practically at my doorstep, who knows?

I seem to be stuck in an Amsterdam rut at the moment though since I just left the ship in March and will be on her again in July to Alaska. I also have a deposit ($2,500.00:eek: ) out on her 2008 Grand Asia Pacific cruise. That I think will be my fifth cruise aboard that lovely ship.

If I have to be stuck in a rut then the ms Amsterdam is not a bad place to be stuck.

Valerie:D

By the way, I am impressed that so many of you know how many times you have sailed on certain ships. I have been on most of those on my list multiple times but I can't remember just how many on each.

Hey, I'm heading your way in a couple of weeks - about 100-120 cop cars from all over So Cal heading north on I-5 to Sacramento

http://www.camemorial.org/

Sorry:o , back OT

John-

That is soooo cool!! :D I will be just flying back into Sacramento from Michigan that day, going to watch my Goddaughter graduate top of her class at University of Michigan.

P.S. Your sojourn on I-5 should slow the normal traffic speed of "way to fast" down for a least a while.;)

By the way, I am impressed that so many of you know how many times you have sailed on certain ships. I have been on most of those on my list multiple times but I can't remember just how many on each.

I really wish I had that problem and I can't wait until I do!

1. Pardon my ignorance, but is Stephen Card a great HAL guru/Yoda who would all of us teach, yes? Sounds like a fine gentleman if he is a HAL expert.

Westerdam (old)

Noordam III (twice, including a suite for our 35th anniversary -- what a grand old lady, and I mean the ship, not DW! :rolleyes: )

Dave

Captain Stephen Card, M.N.I., is the creator of all the lovely paintings of the HAL fleet that you see on each HAL ship. He is also Cruise Critic member Prinsendam.

Here is a link with a description of Captain Card and his work.

Karin:)

Captain Stephen Card, M.N.I., is the creator of all the lovely paintings of the HAL fleet that you see on each HAL ship. He is also Cruise Critic member Prinsendam.

Here is a link with a description of Captain Card and his work.

Karin:)

Karin,

I have admired his work for years now, and not made the connection! Thanks for furthering my education! He would be a fascinating person to meet in the Explorer's Lounge or Ocean Bar some day.

Dave

Karin,

I have admired his work for years now, and not made the connection! Thanks for furthering my education! He would be a fascinating person to meet in the Explorer's Lounge or Ocean Bar some day.

Dave

Dave- I think I can honestly say that there isn't one of us that wouldn't relish that opportunity!! His paintings are amazing.....:cool:

I've not been on all of them but the list is

No longer in the fleet:

M/S Westerdam (2X)

M/S Noordam

SS Rotterdam

Current Fleet:

Statendam (5X)

Ryndam (2X)

Veendam (2X)

Volendam (5X)

Rotterdam VI (2X)

Amsterdam (3X)

Zaandam

Future Bookings

Noordam May 2007

Amsterdam Sept 2007

Eurodam July 2008

Wow! Some of you are getting close to sailing all the ships. That's amazing. Seems like this is something Holland America would be interested in ... finding someone who has been on all their current inventory or all their inventory since the 1920s, or something like that. Worthy of a free cruise, IMO. ;)

Given Jim's OP specified current ships, I think locallady is thus far closest to having sailed all 13 ships and we all know who has sailed HAL more times than just about anyone, other than a captain.

Going from memory, I do not think Mr. Card has sailed them all, yet. Assuming this is true, anyone want to venture a guess which ship ( s) he has not sailed?

I am going to say Oosterdam.

So far I have sailed on:

Statendam

Ryndam

Maasdam

Veendam

Rotterdam

Amsterdam

Prinsendam

Zaandam

Also:

Rotterdam V

Noordam III

Nieuw Amsterdam (the "old" one)

Westerdam (the "old" one)

I doubt that I will ever sail on all the ships in the HAL fleet since I still have no desire to sail on the Vista class ships. However, since the Oosterdam docks practically at my doorstep, who knows?

I seem to be stuck in an Amsterdam rut at the moment though since I just left the ship in March and will be on her again in July to Alaska. I also have a deposit ($2,500.00:eek: ) out on her 2008 Grand Asia Pacific cruise. That I think will be my fifth cruise aboard that lovely ship.

If I have to be stuck in a rut then the ms Amsterdam is not a bad place to be stuck.

Valerie:D

I love to keep a log of my trips. I have them listed by cruise line and a complete list by date of Cruise, Ship, Number of days, Ports, and the name of the person I traveled with. This is a hand written journal, started before I had a computer. The only thing I didn't include in this that I wish I had was the cost of the trip. This log was started in 1982. I think it would be interesting to know how much per day prices have changed.

Dave, Captain Card is a prince. :) I've enjoyed a cruise with him and he was always a pleasure to chat with ... in the Explorers Lounge, Ocean Bar, Explorations Cafe, out on deck, Crows nest ... you name it! :D ... even crashing a party of his in his Penthouse Suite while sailing by Lady Liberty (I don't think we'll EVER live that one down with Mrs. Card!).

I love to keep a log of my trips. I have them listed by cruise line and a complete list by date of Cruise, Ship, Number of days, Ports, and the name of the person I traveled with. This is a hand written journal, started before I had a computer. The only thing I didn't include in this that I wish I had was the cost of the trip. This log was started in 1982. I think it would be interesting to know how much per day prices have changed.
Like you 2bout2c,

I have kept a log of all our cruises over the years and I did add in the prices of the cruises. It has been interesting to track how much prices have gone up, but hasn't everything else done the same. I've never figure out the price per day my DH does that, heck I won't even add up what we've spent on cruises, it would probably scare me. Keeping information about your cruises and the paper work has been helpful, as once we had a discrepancy with Hal about the amount of days we had cruised with them, luckily we had the paper work to back up our claim.

Like you 2bout2c,

I have kept a log of all our cruises over the years and I did add in the prices of the cruises. It has been interesting to track how much prices have gone up, but hasn't everything else done the same. I've never figure out the price per day my DH does that, heck I won't even add up what we've spent on cruises, it would probably scare me. Keeping information about your cruises and the paper work has been helpful, as once we had a discrepancy with Hal about the amount of days we had cruised with them, luckily we had the paper work to back up our claim.

If I kept a log of the costs we've incurred in cruising, we'd never cruise again I fear!!! :eek:

DH would want to invest all that money. ;)

I sure know it was vastly more inexpensive to cruise in 2002 and 2003 than it is now, but that is supply and demand!!:rolleyes:

My experience with the cost of per diem cruising is the opposite when comparing inside to inside or outside to outside cabins. I am finding it costs less than I paid in 2000. What has changed are the costs associated with cocktails, shore excursions, spa stuff and all the other discretionary spending that goes along with a cruise.

Archived