Favorite ship?

skempner

It's funny that a few of you "savy" cruisers list both the Amsterdam and tne Noordam as your favorite ships.

Our first cruise last year was on the Amsterdam and our second one coming up this coming Fall is on the Noordam.

We really struck lucky last year on the Amsterdam. We had booked a B suite and then at the last minute negotiated ourselves quite a great deal with an upgrade to an SA....... we were really spoiled rotten. but this coming cruise on the Noordam, we are going with the SY, (still hoping for the upgrady fairy)......

Frankie Sue

1. USS Saratoga (for different reasons: for my long-past youth; for my country; for passing Gib at dawn; for passing Scilla and Charybdis in the straits of Messina in the afternoon; for dolphins dancing in the bow wave; for shipmates long gone, but none forgotten; for the song of the sea, I can hear her still).

2. Noordam III.

3. Any old Dam ship, anywhere, any time.

Dave

1. USS Saratoga (for different reasons: for my long-past youth; for my country; for passing Gib at dawn; for passing Scilla and Charybdis in the straits of Messina in the afternoon; for dolphins dancing in the bow wave; for shipmates long gone, but none forgotten; for the song of the sea, I can hear her still).

2. Noordam III.

Dave

Well, that beautiful post just made my eyes leak.

Eternal Father, Strong to save,

Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,

Who bidst the mighty ocean deep

Its own appointed limits keep;

O hear us when we cry to thee

For those in peril on the sea.

Number one and way ahead of the rest is Prinsendam

A tie for second place between Maasdam and Zaandam -- we like them both for different reasons

Have sailed two of the four vistas and the vistas definitely do not make my list.

You're right, Lisa. Everyone knows how I love 'my' :) MAASDAM .....but NOORDAM !!! I love, love, love the Noordam!!!

I have a question for you, Mrs. Maasdam...;) What do you know about category H outside cabins on Maasdam, if anything? We are thinking of going back to M. in 3/08 and thought going to 'the source' would be helpful, perhaps. Thanks in advance, for your help...:)

middle-aged-mom...thanks for that beautiful poem.

This question is like asking a Father which child is his favorite...

1. Noordam

2. Oosterdam

3. Amsterdam

4. Prinsendam (No - I've never been aboard her, but she was the first real active cruiseship I'd ever seen in person when I saw her as the dazzling-new Royal Viking Sun*at a pier here in SF many, many moons ago...)*

2. Noordam III.

Dave

Good stuff, Dave - Semper Fi, Navy!

h97676.jpg

Eternal Father, Strong to save,

Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,

Who bidst the mighty ocean deep

Its own appointed limits keep;

O hear us when we cry to thee

For those in peril on the sea.

That's my favorite hymn!:)

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/eternalfather.shtml

Push "Listen" to listen to it

:)

This question is like asking a Father which child is his favorite...

1. Noordam

2. Oosterdam

3. Amsterdam

4. Prinsendam (No - I've never been aboard her, but she was the first real active cruiseship I'd ever seen in person when I saw her as the dazzling-new Royal Viking Sun*at a pier here in SF many, many moons ago...)*

:) And when you saw her as the Royal Viking Sun our "little" Prinsendam was the largest cruise ship launched specifically for cruising...And the first with verandas !!!!:cool: ...Rob

As the saying goes, "it's the people that make a house a home". Well it's the crew that makes the Oosterdam feel like home (even better). So she gets my vote. Also the Statendam was our first and who can ever forget their first!! ;)

Sue

We miss you O!

JUST Curious......

Have you actually been aboard a Vista? Seen one? Viewed the gorgeous Noordam? Of course it's your choice whether you wish to sail one or not.....but I do wonder if you dislike them so strongly sight unseen?

Thanks if you care to comment.......certainly no need to. :)

Originally Posted by sail7seas

You're right, Lisa. Everyone knows how I love 'my' MAASDAM .....but NOORDAM !!! I love, love, love the Noordam!!!

I have a question for you, Mrs. Maasdam... What do you know about category H outside cabins on Maasdam, if anything? We are thinking of going back to M. in 3/08 and thought going to 'the source' would be helpful, perhaps. Thanks in advance, for your help...

Caribbean Girl,

I really wish I could help you re: The H cabins but I've never seen one. If you think of any other Maasdam ??, hopefully I can be of more help than on this question.

Maasdam is such a beautifully elegant ship IMO with an amazing crew. We simply cannot get enough of sailing her. The feeling we get when we cross the gangway at the start of each Maasdam cruise is not describable. We know we are 'home'. She never disappoints.

Archived