If you want a glacier wedding....

space07

I would not recommend Royal Romance. They were fine at first, but now that my wedding is 5 weeks away, I am freaking! They had us listed as being on another ship when they booked our wedding, so everything is WRONG!!! And to make it worse, they are totally not doing anything about it! I am trying to get a refund so I can go throught another service, alaskaweddings.net. They offer so much more,like my parents can go and it is included, limo etc, and I can talk to someone! What a concept. I can't believe my "low stress" wedding is turning into this. I wish I had found these other people months ago. P.S. As I type this, I am on hold with RR once again. ERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I'm so sorry about what happened. I'm sure you are still freaked out, especially if you didn't get anything resolved before everyone at RR went home for the day. Just remember, you still have 5 weeks, and it probably doesn't seem like much time, but you will be able to sort this all out. If they cannot fix things the way you want, then you should be able to cancel. Most likely, they will be in breach of contract. Good luck!

That would be great if they would just give me my money back. I am writting to RR and RC about this. I can't believe this is happening. And my fiance is out of town on business so I feel like this is all on me. And I work, so it is not like I can just hang out on hold with them all day.

I'm so sorry. That's terrible! Are you still doing glacier wedding? Is it in Juneau? I originally planned glacier wedding, and ended up cancelling. My guests already paid deposit for the cruise then, so it was really bad. After pushing back my wedding date, I never wanted to deal with cruise wedding staff and found a bed&breakfast in Juneau that does glacier wedding. and yes, someone I could talk to! but their glacier wedding was a lot more expensive and apparently it's very far from the cruise terminal although they provide a limo. So decided on the embarkation wedding in Vancouver, which I'm very glad! I compromised the intimate moment on the glacier (w/possibility of bad weather meaning no glacier wedding) with a glacier helicopter tour together with my guests, which is a better option for me and my family after all. I hope everything will work out for you soon.

<soapbox>

RR/TWE SUCKS!

</soapbox>

Yeah, what she said!! We ended up canceling with them & going with a private island wedding coordinator. I would never, ever, ever recommend RR/TWE to anyone!!

Remember deep breaths... Good luck with everything...

Does the "fine print" of your contract say what happens if someone breaches the terms?

One more thing, you might have more luck if you contact Royal Caribbean directly and tell them how badly RR is screwing things up. (or leave a message for RR threatening to call RC if they don't get back to you) They have a lot to lose, especially now that they are pushing their new "Explorer" Weddings.

For the past three days I have called them every two hours, and today every hour, and the supervisor is always in a meeting. I am reminding them that this is THEIR fault and that I would be sueing them for the cost of everyones cruise if I had gotten off the boat in my wedding dress all ready to get married that they werent ready, which is what would have happened if I hadent noticed this. I work with pleanty of lawyers as a real estate broker, so that might happen anyway if I keep going at this rate. In my opinion, they are lucky that I am only asking for a refund! I also have not received a call from the "finalizer" as stated in the contract at least 45 days before we sail. We are at almost 30 days and I have yet to have any contact not initiated by me with these people. I already wrote a letter to the pres. of rc(and if anyone wants the address to complain about their experience, just let me know!), and called RC to complain, e-mailed and mailed a letter to RR. RC said that I had to go through RR to get my money back. I think I am developing an ulcer. So much for a

stress fress destination wedding. Time for my hourly call to RR!!! Thanks for letting me vent and for the understanding and the tips.

For the past three days I have called them every two hours, and today every hour, and the supervisor is always in a meeting. I am reminding them that this is THEIR fault and that I would be sueing them for the cost of everyones cruise if I had gotten off the boat in my wedding dress all ready to get married that they werent ready, which is what would have happened if I hadent noticed this. I work with pleanty of lawyers as a real estate broker, so that might happen anyway if I keep going at this rate. In my opinion, they are lucky that I am only asking for a refund! I also have not received a call from the "finalizer" as stated in the contract at least 45 days before we sail. We are at almost 30 days and I have yet to have any contact not initiated by me with these people. I already wrote a letter to the pres. of rc(and if anyone wants the address to complain about their experience, just let me know!), and called RC to complain, e-mailed and mailed a letter to RR. RC said that I had to go through RR to get my money back. I think I am developing an ulcer. So much for a

stress fress destination wedding. Time for my hourly call to RR!!! Thanks for letting me vent and for the understanding and the tips.

I cant believe its been this long and they are not even dealing with your situation! They are so eager to take your money but what do you get for it in return?

Incompetent people and sub par service!

I would say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This sounds like them at their finest! :mad:

I am so sorry this is turning into such a fiasco for you. Are you able to at least get arrangements started with your new planner? At least some stress would be allieviated if you know you're still able to have your wedding!

Keep us posted!

I am so sorry that your dream wedding is turning into such a nightmare. I know I would be a total mess if I were in your position! I don't quite understand how a mix up like this could happen. I know when I first booked my wedding they had all of my information listed at the top of my sales receipt including the ship name, my booking number, sailing date, and wedding date. Did they not give you something like this?

Are you booked on Royal Caribbean? I just checked my archived email and noticed it was RR who handled my glacier wedding. (I left a reply previously about my cancellation of glacier wedding. I booked on RC Serenades of the Seas in late May and it was RR who handled my wedding)

My experience with RR was horrible! I was on the phone FOREVER, no one responded to my email. If anyone finally comes back, it was the exact same email template with the wedding brochure attachment! I was ready to pay, but how? when no one answered my call.

I seriously had no other choice but to cancel, after I sent out invitations and my guests paid for the cruise deposit.

How's your backup planning going? Let me give you some other options for the glacier wedding just in case.

pearsonspond.com - more expensive

Coastal helicopter - I heard their fee for the helicopter charter is slightly lower than others and schedule can be somewhat flexible.

what a disaster! if you do have a friend who is a lawyer (and who you can ask for a favor), here's one quick and easy suggestion... the angry lawyer letter. you would be surprised at how this letter can get attention when nothing else seems to work. just make sure it is on letter head from the lawyer...then send it EVERY way to EVERY one...RR, RC, anyone you spoke to at RC. and if possible,, directly name the people who have been giving you the run around. tell them exactly what you want (full refund, your original wedding as promised...) Fax it, Email it, and send it certified mail return receipt requested (then, if you do sue, you'll have proof that they knew of the screw up.) you could write your own draft, and then if a friend agrees to do it, there is hardly any work for them to do. My fingers are crossed for you. I hope this gets resolved soon!

This website http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-govmanage has information on the RC corporate office and the CEO (it's under investor relations, but it's probably one board that runs the whole company). If you do send a letter, you might want to send one here as well. It might get the lower management people moving, especially if their bosses know.

what a disaster! if you do have a friend who is a lawyer (and who you can ask for a favor), here's one quick and easy suggestion... the angry lawyer letter. you would be surprised at how this letter can get attention when nothing else seems to work. just make sure it is on letter head from the lawyer...then send it EVERY way to EVERY one...RR, RC, anyone you spoke to at RC. and if possible,, directly name the people who have been giving you the run around. tell them exactly what you want (full refund, your original wedding as promised...) Fax it, Email it, and send it certified mail return receipt requested (then, if you do sue, you'll have proof that they knew of the screw up.) you could write your own draft, and then if a friend agrees to do it, there is hardly any work for them to do. My fingers are crossed for you. I hope this gets resolved soon!

This website http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-govmanage has information on the RC corporate office and the CEO (it's under investor relations, but it's probably one board that runs the whole company). If you do send a letter, you might want to send one here as well. It might get the lower management people moving, especially if their bosses know.

Give them as much hell as you can!

RCCL doesn't seem to care that the company they contract with, to provide the exemplary customer service that is typical of RCCL, could care less how they treat their customers!

I wish there was some real way to shake the tree.... Maybe this is it!?

Well here is a bit of an update. After calling every hour from 6am to 2pm ca time, I finally got to talk to a supervisor who told me I could still get married if I get our marriage app notorized and mailed to Alaska and they process it and mail it back and then we give it to our marriage officiant. I already started this process myself over a week ago when I first discovered what happened. It took me 5 min to find out what to do, and it took them a week and a half. I am going to mail the letter to the board as was suggested and if that does not get any response, I will start in with the angry lawyer letter. That is a really good idea . I am still so mad even though we are going to get married that it is hard for me to be excited. I can't afford, nor should I pay twice for this wedding, so I have to go with Royal Romance. Oh and I should mention that the "supervisor" I finally talked to left for Europe on Friday and she won't be back until next month sometime... How convinient. I am so glad I am able to talk about this with people who know what I am talking about. I think my co-workers and friends just think I have turned into bridezilla!

Sara - I'm still hoping you can post and let us know how a mix up like this happened. Did they not give you any confirmation in the beginning? I know the rest of us would like to avoid this confusion.

I never got anything from RR as far as a receipt, conformation etc. All I got was the "wedding contract" that I filled out and signed and faxed back to them. On that document the name of our ship and cruise dates were printed by me on almost every page. I would say it is just incompetince on there end that caused this. They said they would have caught it at some point, they just might not have been able to fix it in time which is less than comforting... I should have asked for a receipt or something, but that is supposed to come when they "finalize" you wedding about 2 weeks before.

Well at least you will get your wedding! I'm glad to hear that things will be OK. I'm sure you are still really angry and annoyed, but once your day gets here, this will all be a distant nightmare. Some day you might even be able to laugh about the idiots at RR. And don't worry... no one here thinks you are a bridezilla!

I'm glad your wedding is still "possibly" on. Mystery their manager is in Europe and he/she can't be reached at all? Unless the person is in honeymoon, I don't see that can be an excuse.

FYI, I contact TWE by email and get a response almost immediately and the email title always indiates the date and location of the wedding. When I started selecting options, first thing TWE did was send me a price info that also had the date, ship name, etc. Every time I change my option, I get updated price quote, which helped me so much budgeting. So that kind of mistake would be highly unlikely I guess.

I still think RR manager or RC should do something, at minimum respond to you. When I cancelled my wedding and cruise, my guests thought I broke up with my fiance. (thanks to RR!) Our parents got so many calls from worried relatives. (what a great job RR did!)

I really hope everything will turn out to be all right for your wedding plan and please keep us posted.

FYI, I contact TWE by email and get a response almost immediately and the email title always indiates the date and location of the wedding. When I started selecting options, first thing TWE did was send me a price info that also had the date, ship name, etc. Every time I change my option, I get updated price quote, which helped me so much budgeting. So that kind of mistake would be highly unlikely I guess.

RR/TWE obviously does not have a standard operating procedure when it comes to dealing with clients as I never received this level of detail whenever I dealt with them via email...... I only wish I got detailed confirmation from them!

RR/TWE obviously does not have a standard operating procedure when it comes to dealing with clients as I never received this level of detail whenever I dealt with them via email...... I only wish I got detailed confirmation from them!

No kidding! I couldn't even get an email, period! :D

OP, I hope you are able to find some sort of resolution. I feel so terrible for you. I can't even imagine how stressed you must be!

I already wrote a reply to this but then the boards timed out. So if this double posts I apologize.

We received so much information when we booked. Along with the receipt listing all of the financial information with the ship name, date, etc. we also received a booking report that included our sailing port, wedding date, wedding location, time, our names, address, phone number, etc, etc.

I would venture to guess that the cruise lines require different things from their vendors (I.E. TWE) because it seems like a lot of the complaints are from RCI cruisers. Perhaps RCI doesn't require TWE to send this information and so they simply don't.

I guess TWE is different than RR because I have never received anything like what was described by Crown 8. I am feeling a little better now that it has been a few days and I think my blood pressure is back to normal. I am still going to have a great wedding no matter what because I am marrying the most wonderful man! I am not going to let RR ruin that, but I will try to get them fired as RC wedding planners... I am not a saint and they are messing with my wedding after all....;)

Hello -

I am so terribly sorry you have had to go through this agony with Royal Romance. I am the other bride to contacted alaskaweddings.com after problems with Royal Romance. (Juneau wedding 6/24)

I happened to call at 70 days out to review our special requests and got a solid NO or "cannot guarantee" to all of them.

* No sugar free wedding cake (I am a diabetic)

* my choice - a fruit plate

* Special arrangement of blue and gold flowers so my best friend (who died a year ago) will know where to sit ... "I have never seen a blue flower"

* Crown of flowers - "do not know what that is"

* Would like help arranging a cell phone location on the ship so my 86 year old mother, recently diagnosed with a cancer recurrance" can listen to the ceremony - "cannot help you"

It was absolutely dreadful.

I am a former travel professional and still have contacts at Royal Caribbean. I called my friends and was extremely forceful in my displeasure. It was agony and finally my NY fiance (he is used to getting things done) came in a cleaned everything up.

They have agreed to all of our requests. Royal Caribbean could not have been better and I suspect they expressed thier displeasure to Royal Romance because we now work only with Gina - the Manager at RR.

Please...PLEASE....PLEASE. Anyone who has a problem with Royal Romance....PLEASE contact Royal Caribbean Customer Service. They need to know RR is simply unsatisfactory to work with. Unless you tell RCI, they will never know.

We managed to arrange the wedding Jim and I wanted because I had friends inside the company. Isn't that a shame.

Royal Caribbean has always been a favorite of mine because they honestly DO care about their guests. They WILL fix the problems with Royal Romance if we ALL let Royal Caribbean know. Royal Romance is a vendor for Royal Caribbean....not Royal Carribbean itself.

Ok, ok....I'm off my soapbox.

Now to all the brides out there.....have an unforgetable day!

Cathy

Archived