Designer Handbags / Purses - Review

mikeyd

First off, I am not female but thought I would add my experience as I followed three females around who were on a mission to purchase knock-off designer purses.

Here is essentially what I learned. All the fakes are contained in the shopping complex. We went outside the complex - across the street - and although there are several booths no one had purses, and we looked really hard.

The girls shopped most the of the stores and most wanted around $45 for a medium sized Burberry, Dior, Coach or LV purse. The bigger bags were $65. We tried like heck to barter but they would only take off 5-10 bucks - so the medium sized purses are tagged $55 and we bartered down to $45.

One place called Bags, Bags and More Bags was bartering pretty good. My daughter bought a Juicy purse/bag for $45.

I hope this helps!

Please do not post responses about the legalities of buying fake purses, save yourself the energy!!!

Hey, if I can save $200-400 on a purse I only use for 6 months, I'm all for it!

I wear "Crocs" but every other store has their version of them now too!

Would it be better to wait until Nassua to buy purses for my girls?

The shopping complex is where the boats tender in. It is pretty had to miss and is lined with Jewelry stores, shirt shops, ect. There are several areas where you can enter inside the complex to the heart of it and it is like a mini-mall.

Price wise, I know my daughters got smaller handbag sized purses for $15 in Nassau last year, whereas they purchased larger bags here, but they were $45.

I don't know how the smaller bags compared in price to Nassau - but since there were fewer stores in Belize, and they were real stores, not flea-market tables like Nassau I am sure Nassau is cheaper.

Mike

Don't buy at the first store. I found that later in the afternoon after we returned from our excursion, stores were offering 25% off as soon as we walked in the store and more if you bought more than one.

Archived