transferring booking

Is there any advantage to transferring a booking from an on-line agent to Carnival? Are there any costs associated with such a transfer. I have read posts about transferring from Carnival to a TA, but never the other way around.

thanks

It rarely happens, your TA would have to agree to give up the booking. In other words give up the commission. Not sure why any agent would be willing to do that.

Normally your option would be to cancel and rebook with Carnival direct or with another TA. Now canceling with an online TA may cause you to incur fees, just depends on the agency's cancellation policies.

Good Luck

Any advantages for transfering from carnival PVP to travel agent? I received an e-mail stating I could transfer my reservation if I wanted to.

It's a courtesy to the TA community. That's it....

Any advantages for transfering from carnival PVP to travel agent? I received an e-mail stating I could transfer my reservation if I wanted to.

You might get a lower price by switching, many TA's will rebate part of their commission to lower the cruise fare.

Archived