Rhapsody OTS

Gocruzin

They do not have a ball pit. It's not a very large area, as it's not a very large ship (relative to later classes), but it is appropriate for the ship. They have a small room with video game system in it, another room for the aquanauts (3-5), and a larger room for the older kids (6-9, I think). The larger room has a couple TVs in it. It's nothing fancy, but it is a good setup.

As far as I know, parents are not allowed in at all. In fact, on our Rhapsody cruise last month, they didn't even let parents in to pick up the kids. Instead, they put the sign in/sign out table in the doorway, and the kids just crawled under the table. That was kinda cute, actually.

D

No ball pit. Adventure Ocean will not let you come in the room, but I sat in a chair right by the check-in table while my son got acclimated on the Splendour a few weeks ago. I bet Rhapsody would do the same.

Advenure Ocean will have an Open House for several hours on the day you board so I encouarage you to visit as a family. You will be able to walk through the room and you can stay as long as you like. Kids in the Explorers group (6-8) get an Adventure Ocean lanyard that they can put their SeaPass card on the the Aquanats (3-5) get an Inky (AO's octopus mascot) clip on when you fill up the paper work on your visit. This could help in familiarizing themselves with the area before the next day full of fun!

Thanks for the replies. I guess we may have to book a different ship. Or maybe a different line altogether. When we sailed with Carnival I took my soon in the first night when they had the open house. He loved it but the next morning he didn't want to stay when he realized that I would be leaving. The again he was only two and I stayed home with him full time back then. Last year we took him on Celebrity and hung aroung a few minutes the first full day until he felt comfortable. They let us in the Fun Factory though.

Archived