What policy would you like RCCL to change?

What would you change?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. What would you change?

• Make smoking allowed on one side of open decks and one lounge ONLY
    • Allow passengers to bring non-alcoholic beverages aboard
    • Allow you to purchase alcohol in the gift shop and enjoy it in your room (for a fee)
    • Better C&A benefits
    • Better enforcement of existing rules (children in adult areas, chair hogs, etc.)
    • Other - (Please Post!)

I voted for the smoking choice! After getting bronchitis from the smoking areas not being enforced, I'm all for just having a smoking lounge! I mean most outdoor venues are non-smoking (baseball stadiums, etc.) so it would be nice if the ship were predominately nonsmoking as well!

I would love to have wine in our stateroom, especially on your balcony. We use to bring our own shipper boxes of wine aboard for years. We truely miss that. We would settle for being able to buy your alcohol from the ship stores for a nominal price. Twenty-five years ago the price of a cruise was actually more than today. Now you have allot of discounters that give cruising a very economical way to travel. Kids don't seem to bother us. we rather enjoy the the youth around. The ships are so much larger than they use to be, so the more families are able to travel at a effordeble price. How could you not enjoy a cruise. We are spoiled. Just an opinion.

Before your cruise, you can order wine to be delivered to your stateroom through RCCL's gift section on the website. But once you're on the ship I don't think there's anything you can do unless you pre-ordered it. Doesn't make any sense to me at all!

The question wasn't about carry on booze, it was about buying booze on the ship and carrying back to the room. So RCI would still make their money. I don't understand why they make it so difficult for me to have a drink in my cabin.

Interesting thought here allowing you to buy the liquor in the ships shops and then consuming it in your cabin. I can see two problems already with this idea. One the ship has to report the amount of Liquor it sells from the shops on board. If all of this is gone the poor people working the ports at disembarkation will have to look for other things besides liquor. And the second problem is exactly what has happened on RCI and Carnaval Princess and who knows how many other instances (Drunk people fall overboard) The lines will lose control over the frequency that this happens (it will become more common) So I do not see this becoming practice on RCI

Yes, I too would like to see them do away with the soda card and offer it at no cost, like Disney does. As it has been said before, how much more can it really cost over tea and punch?? Also, I would like better enforcement of pool rules etc. I have been at pool for hours with no one coming to use their chair for the whole time I was there. I would also like to see them do away with the towel fee as well. Just my thoughts.

Wow, almost an exact tie between purchasing alcohol to take to your room and better enforcement of existing rules! Wouldn't it be nice if RCCL were reading this? Or if they cared...:rolleyes:

But remember to mention these things when filling out those comment cards, and maybe someday there will be a change. (One can dream!)

Because of the 50 lb. weight limit on luggage, I'd like to see RCI follow the trend of other cruise lines and do away with formal nights. The Celebrity Journey is smart casual every night. Princess offers personal choice. Suits, shoes, beaded jackets, etc. have become too cumbersome and too heavy esp. for overseas and 9+ nights. And, I absolutely RCI should make one side of the ship non-smoking. It's very disappointing to pay for a suite or a balcony only to find a smoker next door. And, the very worst - a cigar smoke below or anywhere close by! Good idea for a thread!

Yes, I too would like to see them do away with the soda card and offer it at no cost, like Disney does. As it has been said before, how much more can it really cost over tea and punch?? Also, I would like better enforcement of pool rules etc. I have been at pool for hours with no one coming to use their chair for the whole time I was there. I would also like to see them do away with the towel fee as well. Just my thoughts.

Disney hardly offers soda "at no cost." It is simply part of their cruisefare, which is MUCH higher than RC's.

I'd like to see RCCL invest some time in better training their customer service folks!.....The CS people have all been great to talk with...but they seem to guess at too many answers.

Also....remove the mystery of when new rates are going to be released!!

I asked 4 different CS people about 2009 prices.....and got 4 answers...All wrong!

More west coast options would be nice...maybe a bigger ship ! ( I know!!..this one's been discussed to death........)

Steve-O

Interesting thought here allowing you to buy the liquor in the ships shops and then consuming it in your cabin. I can see two problems already with this idea. One the ship has to report the amount of Liquor it sells from the shops on board. If all of this is gone the poor people working the ports at disembarkation will have to look for other things besides liquor. And the second problem is exactly what has happened on RCI and Carnaval Princess and who knows how many other instances (Drunk people fall overboard) The lines will lose control over the frequency that this happens (it will become more common) So I do not see this becoming practice on RCI

Actually they offered the option of buy liquor in the ship's liquor store and paying a surcharge to take it to your cabin until mid-2006 or maybe it was 2005, so it USED to be a practice on RCI!

Lose the Pool Towel policy. The towels suck to begin with and the process of just giving a deck person your stateroom number is lame. They don't check or verify the number given.

We waited until nightime when no one was around. They had to have the towels out since normally at least one pool is open and you might want a towel but no one is there to monitor them. We just traded them in as needed during the day and never had to leave any room number.

I always wondered, what prevents passengers from giving out the wrong room number on purpose. How could RCCL try to charge anyone a pool towel fee without putting in a solid process for tracking them? In truth, I think the $20 fee is just a threat. Has anyone ever been charged it?

Dolby1000

I agree - I think charging for pool towels is an idle threat. In my recent VOS cruise they only checked the pool towels back in once. They never did on the way back from port. It's also true that they don't know if you gave them the correct cabin numberin the first place.

John in OH

And now for something completely different::rolleyes:

The one thing I loved about the Grand Princess that RCi does NOT have, was the 24 hour "Windjammer" (can't remember what it was called on the G.P). You could go in there at 1:00 ir 2:00 in the morning and still get a snack or sandwich and self serve something cold to drink.

I would change the Windjammer to 24 hour service for that.

They call the Grand Princess's 24 hour buffet the Horizon Cafe. It has two sides and one is always open so they can clean/change one side at a time.

We've cruised Princess's Grand class three times and RCCL's Voyager class twice. They have a lot in common. If you like cruising with kids (your own, especially but also, other people's kids), RCCL is for you. If you like a quieter crowd, go with Princess. I have to say that our two RCCL cruises were Easter week. I still think there would be fewer kids on Princess. (If you like it a LOT quieter, try Celebrity.)

John in OH

Because of the 50 lb. weight limit on luggage, I'd like to see RCI follow the trend of other cruise lines and do away with formal nights. The Celebrity Journey is smart casual every night. Princess offers personal choice. Suits, shoes, beaded jackets, etc. have become too cumbersome and too heavy esp. for overseas and 9+ nights. And, I absolutely RCI should make one side of the ship non-smoking. It's very disappointing to pay for a suite or a balcony only to find a smoker next door. And, the very worst - a cigar smoke below or anywhere close by! Good idea for a thread!

The dining issue is one thing I would HATE to see RCCL change. I love formal nights! It's fun to dress up once in a while, and I never get the chance to wear formal dresses in real life. I won't sail NCL or Princess because of the way their dining is. I love getting to meet new people in the traditional dining room setting and getting all dressed up for formal night. I think it's one of the things that makes a cruise more special than a land-based trip.

I agree with you whole-heartedly about the smoking issue, though!

Personal Choice dinning on Princess does not mean skipping the recommended dress for the evening. Both the Personal Choice and traditional dinning rooms have the same dress code including formal nights.

Now for policy changes for RCI:

Casual every night.

Booze allowed in cabins. Heck, Princess gives me setups in the room as an Elite member. RCI keeps building ships with large numbers of balconies which encourage us to spend more time in our room. Why shouldn't we be able to carry booze on board for consumption on our balconies like you can in any hotel.

Snacks in the Windjammer until the wee hours.

Archived