Monarch of the Seas 4 Night Review (April 16, 2007)

IBookHePays,

Sorry I'm a bit late on this.....last month I scanned the Compasses from the 3 day cruise we did in November for someone else onto the site: http://www.scrbr.com/cruise/ Just click on the thumbnails to make them viewable.

Dave

Well thank you so much...you apparently are the only person on earth with 3 day Monarch Compasses! Thanks!:)

Back to the focus on the review :) , it's nice to read that the 4 dayer is different in the Spring months than the summer. We've been on in summer and at Christmas and the ship has been overrun with kids. They didn't bother us, we don't let them, they were just there.

We really had very few kids on this cruise and the ones that were on the ship were well behaved. We enjoyed the interactions we had with a few of them - even the two little girls (about 10 yo) who were playing elevator operators. They were asking what floor people wanted, pushing the appropriate buttons and then the door closed buttons. When asked how long they had been doing they said, "since 5:30" - it was then 7:30. Then one little girl quipped, "And sometimes we get tips!" Everone laughed, but no tips were from our group!:rolleyes:

Friends on board that I have email correspondence with have said that last week when it was windy, the seas were-a-rollin!!!!! :D

Your friends were right - we were really rolling! I don't mind. I kind of like some motion. However, if it had been any worse I might have been a bit freaked out. It was kind of comical during karaoke on the 3rd night. The karoke machine just rolled across the floor while a singer was trying to sing along with it. A young girl sat on the floor to hold it in place. Of course some of the singers had enough liquid imbidement that they may not have noticed!:D I was actually surprised that they were letting the kids climb the rock wall after we missed Catalina. If they had let go of the wall I'm sure they would have been kid-kites!:eek:

Thank you for the invite to join you on the 3-night, Jen. I'm sure I will try to squeeze another one in sometime in the next few months. Who knows? We are considering a land trip to San Diego this summer to get away from the heat and hopfully get to Catalina on one of those little ferries....:rolleyes:

Archived