How do I know when we can get on the ship?

jenmac711us

There is usually a time in the docs like 1PM or something. We get to the pier around 11 AM.

Sometimes we wait in line for an hour, other times we breeze right through.

Cabins are generally not available until 1 or 2 PM so you may have to drag your carryon around for a while.

Charlie

As mentioned you can usually see a nice line forming outside around 11ish

This is the info from the Carnival site

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Embarkation_Arrival.aspx

We strongly encourage you to arrive at the cruise terminal no more than 1 hour prior to the scheduled embarkation time for your cruise. Due to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, early arriving guests may not be permitted to enter the cruise terminal upon arrival. Early arrivals may have a prolonged wait time in potentially warm or inclement weather conditions. For your comfort and convenience, please plan for your arrival at the cruise terminal no more than 1 hour prior to the scheduled embarkation time for your cruise.

Embarkation Hours:

Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Mobile, Galveston, Tampa, Port Canaveral, New Orleans, Los Angeles and San Diego - 1:30 P.M.

New York - 2:00 P.M.

San Juan - 2:30 P.M.

Vancouver, Rome (Civitavechia) and Whittier - 12:30 P.M.

Honolulu - 1:00 P.M.

Ensenada - 6:00 P.M.

You must check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure.

We are on the Liberty out of Port Everglades on 5/6. It says we depart at 4:00 when can we get on? I am sure it says on my document somewhere but I just don't see it. Thanks.

Jen

I always get to the terminal by 11:30 no matter what........

You might wait to get to the cabin though......:(

That means it is time for lunch and a "Boat Drink" or a cold "Frosty"......:D

Have a good one.....

We'll be on the Liberty next January. Our PVP told us the boarding time is 1:30pm to 3pm, but we'll be there waaayyy before 1:30! :p
Be there at 11:30....believe me and everyone else saying that......:cool:

I agree as well.. we always get there around 11:30, I carry my actual bag on and so we usually get on, find out room, unpack, decorate the door, and go for lunch.. out of 9 or 10 cruises, we only maybe once have had to wait for our room, it otherwise always been finished.... the one time we had to wait for it, we dropped our bags off and went and had a drink and came back in a little bit to unpack...

We have usually been able to get to our room and drop the carryons in the closet until the steward is finished and the "all clear" is announced. Total time in the room is less than a minute.

However, on a few cruises, the fire doors have been shut preventing access to the hallway. Then we just drag the carryons around until the announcement.

Charlie

OhioJeff's information is correct. The only thing that I would add to that is that Port Everglades is considered to be Fort Lauderdale, so the information that he gave from Carnival's website would be shown as Fort Lauderdale instead of Port Everglades on their website.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Embarkation_Arrival.aspx

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Liberty!

Archived