Flowers?

sarahmeow

My hubby and I will be on the Crown with my in-laws for the 5/12 sailing (our first cruise) and we would like to send my mother-in-law flowers for Mother's Day. Has anyone else ordered flowers from Princess? Were they good quality and delivered as promised? Thanks very much for your input. I have picked up so many great tips from this board!:)

We received flowers from a friend - they are very beautiful and were delivered the first day and lasted all week. IMO - they are considerably less expensive compared to the same arrangement if I ordered it locally. Here is a pic:

Image-6022C377568711D9.jpg-thumb_205_273.jpg

I have ordered it for others and they have also been very pleased.

My brother ordered a floral arrangement for my hubby and my anniversary on the CB in 2005. The arrangement was gorgeous and the flowers were of very good quality and delivered to our cabin on the night of our anniversary. We were very pleased with them. Hope that answers your question. Enjoy your cruise!

DH and I were surprised by a floral arrangement in our stateroom when we returned from dinner the first night of our Dawn cruise in January. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and lasted the duration of our 11-night voyage. We carried the arrangement with us to the conference room where our vow renewal ceremony took place :) .

Chris

We were on the Grand over Valentines Day and they had several promotions on board to remind everyone to order flowers. I can only imagine that it will be the same on Mother's Day. I received a dozen beautiful red roses with lacy white and green flowers mixed in...the roses were big and when delivered were large buds which started opening the very next day...on Valentines Day. They always have flowers available that you can order even if it is not a special holiday because of birthdays and anniversaries. WE have also preordered the floral arrangement shown in the picture and it was beautiful. Sissy

Flower arrangement that was included with a suite did not make it 10 days. I think we tossed it day 7 or 8... The pic of the arrangement on this thread looks nicer than what they put in my suite! Arrangement on Cunard was so so... the nicest I've ever had was one I purchased from Carnival. It still looked excellent at 7 days.

1211660568_Princessflowerarrangement.jpg.d049a2d519370e571e54359abc2b0cca.jpg

1408426192_carnivalflowers2.jpg.20d46226cc86c1c0a15a488597cfdc5e.jpg

Flower arrangement that was included with a suite did not make it 10 days. I think we tossed it day 7 or 8... The pic of the arrangement on this thread looks nicer than what they put in my suite! Arrangement on Cunard was so so... the nicest I've ever had was one I purchased from Carnival. It still looked excellent at 7 days.

These were flowers sent from a friend. The ones that are put in the suite are much smaller and I agree, didn't last as long.

Flowers are great, my husband always orders flowers on the first/second day for me. The selection on board is much better than what you can pre order, plus I felt the prices were very good, and comparable to anything I've gotten on land.

The flowers lasted 10 days!!

Vickie

I have pre-ordered a dozen roses on each of our 4 Princess cruises - they were always in the cabin when we arrived, were very nice, and lasted through at least 6 days of the 7 day cruise. For the price I was very happy. We also received flowers with events such as ordering the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and they were very nice too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sissy and Bob Just a short note to say high from Jim and Kathy from Minnesota had a great time on the Grand with You and Bob I don't think I will be going zip lining again that was hard work.

talk to you another time.

My husband always orders flowers for me in advance. They have ALWAYS been GORGOUS and lasted the entire cruise, it's a shame to have to leave them behind ;) They have always been there as soon as we arrived as well!

CAn you purchase floral arrangements while on board for a cabin or do you have to preorder before boarding? Thanks

Yes - they regularly have a table setup near the atrium where you can order flowers.

I always buy flowers from Princess for my wife and other "special ladies" (Grandma, Mother-in-law, etc) when we cruise and they have always been very nice and have lasted thru the cruise. Our last cruise was 10 days and they were still going strong...kind of a shame to have to leave them. I also think they are reasonably priced for what you receive

Just wanted to add to everyone else's praise of the Princess flower department!

I pre-ordered an arrangement for our inside cabin before we left and it was in the room when we arrived, along with our delicious chocolate covered strawberries! Each came with a nice gift note and really made the cabin look and smell great!

The on-board florist on the CB was very talented and extremely proud of the work he and his staff do. I watched him pick through many flowers to find just the right ones He wanted for his arrangements. The other ones were just not up to his standards, he said, and would end up not in a guest arrangement, but in one of the public areas! Pretty COOL!

:)

I am not exactly a flower type person, and they are not something that I would have ever thought to have delivered to a stateroom, but the arrangement that was given to my wife when we did the vow renewal on Crown was absolutely beautiful. It lasted the remaining 5 days of the cruise too. Next cruise I will have some kind of arrangement delivered to the cabin.

Archived