double decker bus

WE are travelling to Barcelona in Nov for a transatlantic trip

I read somewhere about a double decker bus tour around Barcelona that was not far from the pier and about 3 hours long Does anyone have any information please? I can't seem to find it !

If you take the shuttle service from the pier to the town. When you get off the bus. There is a tourist bus stop very close by. There is a blue and red service one does one half of the city and the other the other half. One ticket does both busses. You will find that the services join in the middle of town. We found that it was a long trip as it is a hop on hop off bus.

We think open deck buses are an excellent way to get an overview of a city and we have used them in many cities around the world. Having said that we didn't use the one in Barcelona, mainly because we got off the ship very early and took the local bus up to Gaudi Park to kick start our sight seeing because you didn't have to wait for a museum or Cathedral etc to open at that time of the morning, and the park was not crowded. Just an observation about the bus. When we came back to La Sagrada Familia (probably around 11am) we had to wait in line for about 20-30 minutes to get tickets. The open top bus stop was right across from where we were waiting. There were crowds at the bus stop waiting to board the bus, and as each bus came along no one was getting off, so there was no space for those waiting to get on. I think that if I were to use the bus I'd stay on for the whole journey. Hopping on & off could waste valuable time. We were there on a Saturday at the end of September. We are going back to Barcelona next year on a cruise and we intend to use the bus this time.

If there are more than two of you, take the taxi rather than the shuttle. It cost's 5 Euro per person for a return shuttle. You can do the taxi for less than 10 Euro including tip. And you won't have to wait.

The bus is a great way to see barcellona, the only thing we did wrong was to have so much fun that we lost track of time.

• 1 month later...

There are two on/off buses in Barcelona. We took the free shuttle from the pier to the end of Las Ramblas, walked up to the square, and saw the red/blue bus in front of us, but off to the right is another one. It cost about 15 Euros each, and we got on the top deck. Great ride around the city.

The crowded part is when you get off at one of the sights, then you have to wait for another bus to come around with seats to get back on. We stayed on the bus and only got off at the fort up at the top of the hills. With only one day there, the Las Ramblas walk and riding the bus was a great way to see the city.

• 3 months later...

I am looking for information on taking the Train from the Waterloo Station down to Southampton to get on our cruise the Golden Princess on May 22, 2005.

Does anyone have information on how much luggage you can take on the train. Do you take in on with you or check it?

Do taxis in London charge for luggage?

Thanks,

Craftycruiser

Coxswain and Cathy,

Since you live in Belfast what are the best things to see in Belfast when you have a day off a cruise ship. We will be arriving on the Golden Princess in May.

We would like to see some of the city and the causeway if possible.

There will be four of us in our group.

Thanks,

Craftycruiser,

Archived