All Things Mariner Of The Seas

The Mariner decorated for the holidays is wonderful.

The interior promenade is the best. Pop down from anywhere for a snack, to sit and enjoy.

I wonder if it will be decorated on the 16th for our cruise? Also, I've been on Carnival once and on formal nights they had several photo backdrops set up where crew members take your picture. Then later they ask for your arm and leg to take them home with you. Does RCCL do the same?

I've heard mention of phones you can rent on the ship that actually work. Does anyone know about these? I've looked on the site but I can't find any info on them. I just want something to keep up with my girls incase the tracking devices I am having implanted in thier heads fail....;)

You can rent DECT phones on the ship for $25/phone for the week. If you or your girls lose it, they will charge you $300. The phones are like the ones the crew carry. You can use them to call other DECT phones or your cabin. Get them early if you want them as I have heard they run out quickly.

You can rent DECT phones on the ship for $25/phone for the week. If you or your girls lose it, they will charge you $300. The phones are like the ones the crew carry. You can use them to call other DECT phones or your cabin. Get them early if you want them as I have heard they run out quickly.

Are the phones big and bulky or are they like a cell phone you can wear on your hip?

We are going on the Mariner over Easter week - we have a group of us - 7 cabins - if we get 8 they will give us $50 onboard credit - if anyone is looking for those feel free to contact me and we could add you in and we could all get the credit - it is so hard to get anything over easter week so it would be such a fun thing!!!

Leslie

lhook@wi.rr.com

We are going on the Mariner over Easter week - we have a group of us - 7 cabins - if we get 8 they will give us $50 onboard credit - if anyone is looking for those feel free to contact me and we could add you in and we could all get the credit - it is so hard to get anything over easter week so it would be such a fun thing!!!

Leslie

lhook@wi.rr.com

Well if you get 50 or more people over 21 you can get unlimited drinks!!!:eek:

Can't believe I have never seen this thread until now...but I am a Mariner lover...just got done doing my 4th cruise on the Mariner the first week of Oct. Still well kept and crew still makes a difference on this ship.

I have become friends with some of the staff and have been lucky to see them each time.

I hate to see the Mariner leave as alot of us are.

I was surprised this time I had a chance to actually speak to Captain Pier for the first time on the Promenade one evening...was really surprised how nice he was and you could understand him so much better with out the intercom or microphone. I 've always wanted Capt. Johnny to be the one I really wished was on the ship...but have them both 2 times. Capt Johnny is still my favorite. But like I said thought alot more of Capt Pier this past time.

And after so many times watching the ice show I still love it and have to get in line to make sure I get my seats!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had an early flight and been one of the first ones off the ship? How does that work? Can you keep your luggage and just go off?? Thanks for any insight.

Leslie

Yep, if you want to walk off the ship first thing (well after custom clears the ship of course), then just keep your luggage in your room the night before and carry it off.

But I think there's a form you fill out about half way through the week that tells them when you have a flight and they'll give you a color tag accordingly.

Either way, enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived