All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Yes, It should be Drew Divine. I just sailed with him on his last trip in July before his break. I will be returning on Sept 14th on the Mariner.Drew told me then that Sept 14th is his date back from vacation! He then will be on for a while. Captain Johnny will be on Sept 14th too. (Providing they didn't make any changes).

You are in for a treat Drew and Capt. Johnny are wonderful!

Hi everyone,

What a great thread! I will be on the Mariner for Christmas this year. I was wondering how you find out who the Captain will be and the cruise director? Not that it really matters..... I was just wondering....

Sharon: Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have Captain Johnny. He should be on vacation when we board. I do believe that Drew will still be onboard though.

:( That's too bad I was looking forward to sailing with Capt. Johnny, after hearing so many good things about him. When we sailed Mariner last time we had Captain Tor Olsen and CD was Kirk Detweiler.

:( That's too bad I was looking forward to sailing with Capt. Johnny, after hearing so many good things about him. When we sailed Mariner last time we had Captain Tor Olsen and CD was Kirk Detweiler.

Is Capt. Johnny the fellow who rides a motor scooter around the ship?

Corkey Carol

I will be on the Mariner in November and have a question. I want to book the Sunny Liston tour while we are docked in St. Thomas. The pick up times are 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00. The ship does not dock until 9:00 that morning, will we have time to get off the ship to be picked up at 10:00 for the tour or should I book the 11:00 tour?

I will be on the Mariner in November and have a question. I want to book the Sunny Liston tour while we are docked in St. Thomas. The pick up times are 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00. The ship does not dock until 9:00 that morning, will we have time to get off the ship to be picked up at 10:00 for the tour or should I book the 11:00 tour?

According to the itinerary on the Royal Caribbean website, your first stop is at Coco Cay and St. Thomas is your second stop. Since the ship stopped outside the United States before returning to the United States (St. Thomas is a US territory) the ship, and all of its passengers, will have to clear customs. So, if this is a ship sponsored tour, then 10:00am is doable. If this is not a ship sponsored tour, then even 11:00am might be pushing it.

gmatthews, Tink is right. You've been gone too long so come on over to the roll call and play with us. Tink will count down your Fridays for you and Sharon will remove a bottle aof beer daily just so we know how many more days there are. So come on over, we can't wait to see you:D

gmatthews: Why don't you come on over to our Roll Call thread and say hello and introduce yourself! If you have questions, we may be able to help out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=541549&page=164

Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle?

We look forward to seeing you!:D

gmatthews, Tink is right. You've been gone too long so come on over to the roll call and play with us. Tink will count down your Fridays for you and Sharon will remove a bottle aof beer daily just so we know how many more days there are. So come on over, we can't wait to see you:D

Come join us, come join us.....:)

Does anybody know whne the last time the Mariner was in dry dock???? We will be sailing on her over Spring Break......:D

Angela

Angela: are we going to miss each other again? like me on the Serenade first then you --- and now I will be on the Mariner 2/22/09 and it sounds like you will be on after me again........but oh!! isn't it exciting to have another cruise!! yay for you!! Corkey carol

DH won a poker tournament shorlty after we returned from Alaska...he said I'm ready to cruise again...we we set sail on teh Mariner Easter Sunday for Spring Break... We are realy excited about this trip..

Angela

really wish we could sail together!! Char /roudy1 will be on the 2/22/09 sailing too! Carol

I have not been on the Mariner in quite a while. I am interested in her mini golf area. Could a CC member who is cruising, will be cruising or has recently cruised aboard the Mariner forward pictures of the mini golf course to me please.

My email address is STSALTD@gmail.com.

I appreciate any response.

Thank you.

C & G

Will you be dining in Chops????

You betcha'!!! I didn't even realize there is a Chops on the Mariner cuz they didn't have one on the Explorer and I just assumed they are the same layout and I looked at the Mariner's ship plan and yes indeedy, they have both Chops and Portofino's ... Love them BOTH - we will be dining at BOTH restaurants in FEB.... love the service, food, and atmosphere at both. Carol

For all those of you "in the know" about Mariner OTS, could someone give detailed description of how you get to the helipad on the ship? We've seen so many people post about meeting out there for sailaway, it would be nice to have a feel for how to get there! This will be our first time cruising on the Mariner and we are so excited!:D

For all those of you "in the know" about Mariner OTS, could someone give detailed description of how you get to the helipad on the ship? We've seen so many people post about meeting out there for sailaway, it would be nice to have a feel for how to get there! This will be our first time cruising on the Mariner and we are so excited!:D

The easiest way to explain is to go all the way forward on deck four. When you have gone as far forward as you can go on deck four you should come to a flight of stairs. Take the stairs up to deck five, the deck the helipad is on. You will now be between the forward facing OV cabins and the side of the ship. Walk forward and you will soon find yourself on the helipad.

we'll be on the Mariner too - 2/22/09 - so that was helpful info - thanx Cuizer - always love your pics, info and esp your wit- wish you and I could be on her at the same time - Corkey Carol

we'll be on the Mariner too - 2/22/09 - so that was helpful info - thanx Cuizer - always love your pics, info and esp your wit- wish you and I could be on her at the same time - Corkey Carol
I'm with the June 21 group. I don't think we're allowed to talk to people on the Feb 22 cruise. However, I am currently planning to go to the port to take photos of the ship leaving Los Angeles on Feb 22. Then I can start a thread about the Mariner leaving Los Angeles and have photographic proof. :)

Hello,

I just switched our cabin to 7253, which over looks the promenade. The only problem I see is we may be too close to the elevator noise. Has anyone ever had trouble in a room next to the elevator? We sail on 3-1-09

Thanks for any input.

Gary

Archived