Adventure Ocean question

Ok, actually there are two questions. I read about another cruise line (don't remember which one) but you had to sign your kids in the night before. Do you have to do that or can you just decide last minute to take them there. Also there are no recommendations for tipping the adventure ocean staff. Do you tip them each time you pick up your child, at the end of the week, or not at all. I can't imagine not tipping them as we tip everyone else one board for their services. I also read that from 10pm-1am that you can pay $5 per hour for them to watch your child. Do you pay cash or do they put the charge on your card. Also are there beds or anything for the kids to sleep on? Not sure about leaving him there that late, but I don't want him to have to lay on the floor. Any help is great. Thanks!!

here are answers to your questions...

signing up/in for Adventure Ocean.... The first night there will be a welcome aboard and sign up for Adventure Ocean. You do not need to be there... you can sign up the first time you visit the program( signing up basically means giving the staff any important information about your child and who has permission to pick up child from activities)

There are a few activities that they do require advance sign up... just so they know how many will be there or if there is a limit on the number of kids... this includes dinner at Johnny Rockets on formal nights, a new theater program offered on the Freedom where the kids were a part of the show and the talent show. Otherwise, just show up or pick up as desired. There will be a compass of activities for the kids so they know before they go what will be going on. The kids club is open on sea days from 9-12 then closed from 12-2. Re-opens from 2-5. Closed again from 5-7 and reopened for evening activites from 7-10. The 10p-1am late night party zone is infact 5 dollars per child per hour. This is charged to your sea pass card when you pick up. ( they charge on the half hours) They do not have beds or bedding... but they do have couch areas where children can crash. They will also sometimes mix the age groups together during this time depending on the numbers. ( putting the 3-5's with the 6-8's or the 6-8's with the 9-11's) Most kids enjoy the late night time... it is mostly games and fun... but they also usually have a quiet area with a movie playing for those who want to chill out.

As far as tipping goes.... The adventure ocean staff are part of the higher paying crew members. Tipping is really not necessary... especially not at every pick up. I have heard of parents tipping at the end... and I believe they pool their tips from the week... but I personally do not find this to be necessary. But feel free if you feel they did an exceptional job.

Hope this helps....

you are welcome...

I forgot one thing....the hours for port days...They open when ship docks and closes usually around sail away time or no later then 5. they are closed every day from 5-7 and re open at 7 for evenings. The Johnny Rocket dinners are at 6 on the nights offered and they will take the kids right to kids club from there. ( you sign them in when you bring them to Johnny Rockets). On port days if you want to have your child stay while you are out at port or on an excursion... you can do that. They will bring them for lunch either to the cafe or to windjammer. Early morning port days will also include breakfast. The only thing is that they can NOT reach you in case of problems if you are off the ship. ( so the beepers for the 3-5's will not work off ship)

Archived