Fundraising Cruises - anybody know anything about them?

ILoveScotland

I'm not sure where to ask this question so will ask it here and trust the Moderator to move it if need be.

Here's my question: Has anyone had any experience with fundraising cruises? I see advertisements from time to time about getting your church or other religious group or your non-profit agency to organize a cruise as a fundraiser.

I've wondered how they work, if the organization really can make a little money and what the general experience is of those who've tried them.

Anybody have any information for me?

Thanks.

I have done it several times, most recently on a 3-day Monarch cruise in March. It worked very well and I was able to schedule a conference room arrange ahead of time for a church service. It has to be set up as a fund raising cruise and proof of 501c3 status has to be submitted to RCL. The amount given to the non-profit is based on the particular sailing.

If you have other questions please let me know.

I'm not sure where to ask this question so will ask it here and trust the Moderator to move it if need be.

Here's my question: Has anyone had any experience with fundraising cruises? I see advertisements from time to time about getting your church or other religious group or your non-profit agency to organize a cruise as a fundraiser.

I've wondered how they work, if the organization really can make a little money and what the general experience is of those who've tried them.

Anybody have any information for me?

Thanks.

I only know of the Tom Joyner - Fantastic Voyage Cruise, it is a fund raiser for Historically Black Colleges, he has his staff, his own entertainers andeverything on his cruises, they are sailing on the Freedom this year, and it is usually around memorial day, and the ship is rented totally by him, and you can only book thru him for that week. Other than that one I have not sailed on any.

SlingBill, lots of questions. Are you the pastor of the church? And did you arrange the group cruise through RCCL or go through one of the fundraising agencies that I see advertising cruises?

I am a pastor and have one couple in my church that cruises a lot. Others have cruised, and still others might be interested. Our major problem is that with the exception of Charleston, SC we are far from any of the ports.

Anything else you can think of would be welcomed and appreciated.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Archived