Adult pool on Radiance?

Hi all. Just wondering if someone out there can tell me if there is an adults only pool on Radiance class ships. I know that Freedom class has the solarium, which is adults only, but I can't tell from the RCI website whether the solarium on Radiance is adults only, as well. It's always nice to have a place to hide away from the kids on board :D Thanks!! :)

Yes, but don't count on tanning. Unlike the Voyager class ships, they seldom open the roof on the Radiance class--can't tan under glass! Very discouraging--I was sooooo looking forward to using the Solarium, but wasn't able to tan there, so.......

We LOVE the Solarium on the Radiance Class of ships... They are covered, but we can only take so much sun anyway. We spend an hour or two a day outside by the pool, but spend the rest of our pool time in the Solarium.

They do have the pool open to families from 12-2 and 4-6 during bad weather and on Alaska itineraries.

Here's the Solarium on Radiance....

74857315-S.jpg

And don't forget to try the crepes in the Solarium Cafe. They are made to order and are fabulous.

We just returned from the 14 day PC cruise and couldn't get enough of them. Missed out on the chocolate ones........but were told they were great.

Hi all. Just wondering if someone out there can tell me if there is an adults only pool on Radiance class ships. I know that Freedom class has the solarium, which is adults only, but I can't tell from the RCI website whether the solarium on Radiance is adults only, as well. It's always nice to have a place to hide away from the kids on board :D Thanks!! :)

Why do you bring your kids? If you are not going to keep an eye on them? What makes you think other guests want to 'babysit' your kids? Eventually they will find you, and then there WILL be kids in the adult only pool, spoiling the 'safe harbor' for the rest of us.

Why do you bring your kids? If you are not going to keep an eye on them? What makes you think other guests want to 'babysit' your kids? Eventually they will find you, and then there WILL be kids in the adult only pool, spoiling the 'safe harbor' for the rest of us.

Actually, we don't have kids. We want to be able to get away from other parents' children on board. Of course if I did have my own kids, I'd either watch them myself or enroll them in one of the onboard programs for children so that they don't become a nuisance to all of the other passengers.

I guess what they say about what happens when you "assume" is true! :eek:

Actually, we don't have kids. We want to be able to get away from other parents' children on board. Of course if I did have my own kids, I'd either watch them myself or enroll them in one of the onboard programs for children so that they don't become a nuisance to all of the other passengers.

I am so glad you wrote that reply.....I enjoy these boards but I can't understand why people jump to conclusions or feel the need to judge others when they know nothing about the circumstances of other people.

You know what else??? When people make foolish comments they don't define you....they define themselves.;)

We were just on the Radiance of the Seas in March and yes, there is a solarium, Weren't in there much as it is covered and I love the sunshine. It was usually always full in there too. As I recall, I do believe I saw kids in there at times. I think there may be certain hours that kids are allowed in there.

We were just on the Radiance of the Seas in March and yes, there is a solarium, Weren't in there much as it is covered and I love the sunshine. It was usually always full in there too. As I recall, I do believe I saw kids in there at times. I think there may be certain hours that kids are allowed in there.

Solarium is on Radiance class ships and is restricted to guests 16YO and older.

On all RCCI ships on some colder weather itineraries, there will be posted "family time"s for the Solarium. These will appear in the daily Compasses.

Generally, I've found the pool staff pretty good about enforcing the 16YO rule. If they are not, be certain to request to the staff that they do enforce it -- too often if no one complains, they don't want to rock the boat.

What an interesting response! Did you ever think that the kids could be in a "kids only program" and not being babysat by the other guests.

And it would be a very nice jesture if PEGLEG re-emerges and offers an apology.

On Serenade I was very glad that they kept the canopy over the solarium closed all the time. It was a great place to go to at times in order to escape from the Southern Caribbean heat.

What an interesting response! Did you ever think that the kids could be in a "kids only program" and not being babysat by the other guests.

If you read some of their other responses................you wouldn't be surprised.:rolleyes:

We were on the Radiance in October and the Jewel in March........while we weren't there every day.......we were there most days........no kids and it appeared well inforced.

How deep is the Solarium pool? I'm asking because I'm 4'11" and not a strong swimmer... I like my feet to touch bottom whenever possible.

Maybe I can wear my lifejacket in the pool? :D

I'm 5'7" and can't touch the bottom once I get off the stairs... I do find that I float pretty well in the salt water. :)

How deep is the Solarium pool? I'm asking because I'm 4'11" and not a strong swimmer... I like my feet to touch bottom whenever possible.

:D

There are steps which lead down into the pool. The water is not deep at all as you get off of the bottom step.... maybe waist deep. It gets deeper as you go farther in.

I am a swimmer. I prefer to get in some laps instead of going to the gym. is the pool in the solarium large enough for swimming laps. I am not looking for an olympic size pool, just something that takes more than 4 or 5 strokes to get from one end to the other. I must find some way to work off all those crepes.:p

Thanks for the information. I am sure I can find a way to work off some of the extra calories I always consume on a cruise. But then again, I have been told calories consumed on vaction don't count.:rolleyes:

I am a swimmer too. It's not very long, maybe 10-15 feet. However, if the boat is rocking, it will produce some waves and seem like a wave pool so maybe you could do some water aerobics.

10 or 15 feet? Do you realize that if you laid two average size people end to end they would be longer than 10 feet? I would estimate it at closer to 40 feet. However, unless it is devoid of people swimming laps will not be easy.

Archived