Post cruise land tour companies

BethV114

Hi everyone. I have come across a few companies other than the cruise lines that offer post cruise land tours in Alaska, but was wondering if anyone out there has had any personal experience with them and/or could recommend one (or a few) so that I can shop around to find the best fit for my budget, schedule, interests, etc.

Thanks. :D

With answering your May post, you probably are going to be better off at least considering independent, as you will want a Denali Park visit LAST on your routing so to get as far as possible into the park. Ideally after June 1 so to get to Fish Creek. So do your homework and be fully informed on the points of interest you wish to include.

I read trip reports from people who booked portions of their land trip with Alaska Tour and Travel, but I have no personal experience with that company: http://www.alaskatravel.com/

We planned our own post-cruise land trip for this June. We're renting a car in Anchorage and driving/flying/ferrying to Kennicott, Valdez, Homer, and Seward over 9 days. Many go north instead to Talkeetna, Denali National Park, Fairbanks, and south to Seward. I've had a lot of time to plan the land portion of our trip, and I've made many changes to the itinerary - but it has been a very enjoyable process. There's lots of information on these boards to help you plan an independent trip, and many people with lots of great info - particularly Budget Queen.

Archived