Booking own flight....is there only one airport in San Juan?

Okay - I'm a serious nervous nellie right now! Please forgive the potential stupidity of my question :o

I have made the leap and have cancelled my air through RCI. However, now that I'm about to book my own flight, I have a sudden case of butterflies in the stomach.

Is there only one potential airport in San Juan? I do not want to book the wrong one.

There are a couple of smaller airports in the San Juan area, but Jim M. is correct. The SJU code will put you at the big main airport. I think it is called Luis Munoz or something close to that. Have a great cruise!

Is there only one potential airport in San Juan? I do not want to book the wrong one.

There is only one airport with commercial service. It's the "San Juan Luis Munoz International airport" (Code: SJU). The old Isla Grande airport (Code SIG) used to be the primary commercial airport in San Juan; major services moved in the 1950's to SJU. Nowadays, you can only fly into SIG on commuter services to places like Vieques or Culebra.

Unless, of course, you can manage to get hold of a private jet to fly you down. The ideal situation of SIG is that it is right next to the Pan American pier -- so if you happen to have access to a private jet, 1) lucky you, you have an easy commute to the ship terminal and 2) can I come with you?

Archived