BIG Announcement from Celebrity

TWELVEOHONE

I can't believe Celebrity would purchase two ships ideally sized for Bermuda and not sail one of them to Bermuda in 2008 & 2009? Makes no sense to me since few of their competitors have similar sized ships?

Hello to all. So, all three points that I was hinting on came out today during the press conference.

The name Azamara Cruises. The hint i gave you all was the word "azamara" spelled backwards

The world cruise as well like I mentioned.

Also, the island that Celebrity will not be sailing for the 2008-2009 will be Bermuda.

I was not trying to play games with you all. I just did not want it to come back to me as this site is patrolled by the cruise lines.

Pretty soon I will be able to talk about the Solstice class and what it will make it different from the other Celebrity class ship. If you have any questions about both Royal, Celebrity or Azamara then just let me know.

Thanks it was fun talking with you last night

If you have any questions about both Royal, Celebrity or Azamara then just let me know.

Undercover Cruiser, I do have a question concerning RC, more specific about the plans for the Legend of the seas december 2008. But I'll put a post in the RC-boards, while here it's off topic. Just to let you know. :)

I can't believe Celebrity would purchase two ships ideally sized for Bermuda and not sail one of them to Bermuda in 2008 & 2009? Makes no sense to me since few of their competitors have similar sized ships?

In a way I can

Bermuda has lost much of it glamour. With the closing of its major department store, Hamilton's Front street looks terrible almost as any shopping center with a few stores closed.

Bermuda is a beautiful, clean, safe island but lost its appeal. How many times can you go their, most of the cruisers from the Northeast have sailed their more than once.

From my advantage in Philadelphai I see more and more cruise specials to Bermuda which means they are unable to fill the ships. Yes, Bermuda has a good (high) per diem rate but that's meaningless if you cannot sell the cabins.

In a way I can

Bermuda has lost much of it glamour. With the closing of its major department store, Hamilton's Front street looks terrible almost as any shopping center with a few stores closed.

Bermuda is a beautiful, clean, safe island but lost its appeal. How many times can you go their, most of the cruisers from the Northeast have sailed their more than once.

From my advantage in Philadelphai I see more and more cruise specials to Bermuda which means they are unable to fill the ships. Yes, Bermuda has a good (high) per diem rate but that's meaningless if you cannot sell the cabins.

It has not lost it's appeal to me. I went three times last year and I am booked twice this year, on Explorer of the Seas and on Journey. I'd like to go at least once every year.

In a way I can

I was there last week and Front St looks just fine. Did not notice any empty stores. In fact, there is a lot of new construction in process on Front St. When were you there last?

Bermuda has not lost any of her glamour for me; I've been going there since 1996, & it's still my favorite island destination.

rich, I like Bermuda too but was surprised with the 'big hole' on front street where they are building something (it's either where that dept was or very near it). It did sort of spoil the ambiance a little! And we could clearly hear the hammering on the ships deck nearest front street.

But, of course, I will go back because it is beautiful and the beaches are heaven!

In a way I can

I'd go to Bermuda tomorrow if I could. We may book the Journey this fall just because we want to go back to Bermuda so badly. I strongly disagree that it's lost it's appeal. Speak for yourself.

In a way I can

I think those empty cabins have more to do with the ships themselves (Empress and Crown), than the destination. The Celebrity ships are not even in the same leauge. The Zenith from NY was always filled up.

Archived