Seapass questions

A few questions on the seapass account.

I am on the 9 day VOS cruise 8/13/04 cruise, with my paycheck being direct deposited into my checking/credit/debit account on midnight of the 7th day of the cruise. Prior to that my account will have a limited amount of funds on it

Will this pose a problem with setting up the account, I also have a credit card with 1000 limit that I can back up the debit/credit account with.

Its a honeymoon and i would prefer to keep the money issues to a minimum....Thanks for any advice you can give

Be sure you contact your bank about your debit card before you go. They have a limit of charges per day for security reasons and your total bill will be charged at one time at the end, and will not be approved. Also the bank may put a hold on so much of your funds during the cruise and checks that come in will not clear.

I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that the cruise lines wouldn't take Debit cards at all to guarantee your account. Does anyone know how much of a reserve the cruise line puts on the card? I do think you can put cash down on your account too can't you? I know you can pay it off with cash at the end of the cruise if you want to even if you put a credit card down to begin with.

All of the above advice is good. I especially endorse stopping in and chatting with your banker. Tell them what you are doing, and let them work the issues. This is especially true if the credit card is at your same bank. But even if it isn;t it is a good idea. I felt much more sucure when we traveld to Europe last year.

Archived