Which aft corner on Voyager class?

We just got off the Mariner and had corner aft cabin 7688. The balcony is huge. We did a cabin crawl with our Meet and Mingle group and everyone loved our balcony. I have some pictures posted here of the cruise, with a few balcony and cabin pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/curtisbowers/MarinerOfTheSeasApril22200725thAnniversaryCruise

Bonnie,

Is that a metal pole at the foot of the bed? Does that pose a problem?

Thanks!

Rose

Yes, it is a metal pole at the foot of the bed and no it has never posed a problem for my family and we have sailed with the pole many times! Actually, I don't even notice the pole anymore. I did notice it the first time I entered cabin 1688, but after I acknowledged that the pole was there it became a non-issue for me. It may cause someone to have to move over about 6 inches in bed to watch TV, but we never watch TV while on a cruise.

We just got off the Mariner and had corner aft cabin 7688. The balcony is huge. We did a cabin crawl with our Meet and Mingle group and everyone loved our balcony. I have some pictures posted here of the cruise, with a few balcony and cabin pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/curtisbowers/MarinerOfTheSeasApril22200725thAnniversaryCruise

Thanks for the great pics - we have this cabin on the Mariner for our upcoming June cruise. You two look just like friends of ours!

I have to agree with Boonie Voyager about the corner aft cabins. Although I hate her for telling everyone but me. Now these cabiins are harder to get than ever.

Rollie

What great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

I have to agree with Boonie Voyager about the corner aft cabins. Although I hate her for telling everyone but me. Now these cabiins are harder to get than ever.

Rollie

The early bird catches the worm! So far, I have ALWAYS been able to snag my aft cabin of choice! :D Of course, I book my cruises nearly 2 years in advance! :eek:

Yes, it is a metal pole at the foot of the bed and no it has never posed a problem for my family and we have sailed with the pole many times! Actually, I don't even notice the pole anymore. I did notice it the first time I entered cabin 1688, but after I acknowledged that the pole was there it became a non-issue for me. It may cause someone to have to move over about 6 inches in bed to watch TV, but we never watch TV while on a cruise.

Tag, Bonnie. My turn. We love the 1388/1688 cabins, and Bonnie's right. The pole isn't a problem at all. Great cabin. We are curious about why the paint on the poles always looks so scuffed up....

I have 7688 on VOS March 2008. So excited to have this cabin, been reading very good things about it. One question, some of the pictures show the balcony to be dark, how much sun can I expect?

Thanks for sharing, so much good info on the threads.

Tag, Bonnie. My turn. We love the 1388/1688 cabins, and Bonnie's right. The pole isn't a problem at all. Great cabin. We are curious about why the paint on the poles always looks so scuffed up....

Sorry CLQ, I sometimes forget to remove my wedding rings when I dance around that pole and it is really hard on the paint! ;)

1388/1688 gets my vote! Large balcony PLUS large cabin!

1054438018041546295S500x500Q85.jpg

Hi, Bonnie! Just wanted to say thank you -- because of your previous reviews, I booked 1688 for our Holiday 08 twelve night Explorer cruise. :)

We usually book JSs but the holiday cruise was just way too expensive. This D1 looks just as nice! And the pole may come in handy . . . LOL

Hi, Bonnie! Just wanted to say thank you -- because of your previous reviews, I booked 1688 for our Holiday 08 twelve night Explorer cruise. :)

We usually book JSs but the holiday cruise was just way too expensive. This D1 looks just as nice! And the pole may come in handy . . . LOL

Hi Debbie! I think you will find 1688 to be almost as large as a JS. You will lose the larger bathroom and walk-in closet though, but we've always made out fine in 1688 (and we also usually select a JS when on other ships). Also, please note that the photo that I linked above is actually someone else's photo of 1388. 1688 is identical but mirror image. Here is a link to my own photos of 1688 on Explorer (my favorite ship by the way)... http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

Hi Debbie! I think you will find 1688 to be almost as large as a JS. You will lose the larger bathroom and walk-in closet though, but we've always made out fine in 1688 (and we also usually select a JS when on other ships). Also, please note that the photo that I linked above is actually someone else's photo of 1388. 1688 is identical but mirror image. Here is a link to my own photos of 1688 on Explorer (my favorite ship by the way)... http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

Thanks for the link, Bonnie! I actually found those photos earlier when I was debating what to book, along with your positive comments. That was enough for me! :)

Right now I have 12/2/07, 4/25/08, and 12/21/08 booked on the EX. So I think I must like her, too! LOL

Everyone laughs when I tell them we are flying north to go south! :D

How are the corner afts on decks 8 & 9?

Corner/afts on decks 8 and 9 are large, but not as large as deck 10 corner/aft and nothing is as large as deck 7 corner/aft. Also, the cabins of the corner/afts on deck 8 have a single door (not the typical double slider). On deck 9 corner/aft you have a single door plus a huge porthole window that is deep enough to sit in. Deck 8 and 9 corner/aft balconies are very sunny so if you prefer shade you won't get much here. They are both very private though.

Archived