Post Journey Answers here:

JPH814

For your info, I just posted the rest of my pictures for those who are interested:

picasaweb.google.com/spengle They are in 3 albums - Journey (updated), NY Harbor to St. George, and Hamilton to Cape Liberty Enjoy!

Sheila, thanks for the terrific pictures. It was very kind of you to share them all. We have been to Bermuda 3 times and your pictures make me even more excited about going there on the Journey in Oct. Hopefully all the Journey kinks will be worked out by then.:D

jumponboard

They had a mask making party for the "Party Gras White Night Dance Party" which was held on Wednesday night at 10:45pm. Price of admission was to wear something white, and bring mask or they would paint you face. This was the same night that the street fair was held in Hamilton, and you could also get your face painted by one of the Bermudians. This was held in the Looking Glass lounge.

We did not go, as it was so late, but I had fun making the mask.

There was also a Rock and roll night on Saturday, the first night out. The staff all wore clothes of the sixties (poodle skirts).:D

Arlene

On the May 19th sailing, Tuesday night's dance party on the pool deck demonstrated that John, the cruise director, has a pretty good singing voice, however, his female partner's voice hurt your ears. The Party Band Wave was "unavailable" so the New Wave band took over. After about 30 minutes, many started leaving.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading all these messages and really feel sorry that so many of you had such a horrible experience. Sounds like that "shake down" cruise was more of a "shake up". I am so glad to hear that things like food and Crew were satisfactory as hopefully they will be able to fix the other problems. We are thinking of doing the 16 day TA from Barcelona to Miami next April on the Journey. Our only problem is that the ports (except for 2) are exactly the same as a TA we took on RCL in Oct. 05. Sheila, I really enjoyed your pictures of the ship and other than decor color changes it looks like the R Ships we sailed on 4 times. In Nov/Dec of 2000 we did a 31 day cruise on the R-2 and had a great time. We went from Athens to Singapor. Even the 3 days across the Indian Ocean, from Oman to India were not bad at all. We had worried that on such a small ship the sea might be rough. Our 2 previous TA trips were as smooth as glass but on larger ships. We are on HAL Prinsendam 21 day " European Farewell" TA leaving Rome on Nov. 3 so I'm hoping our "smooth sea" luck holds out.:p

Archived