Par Guest perks

RCI in my book, but I like hard cold cash. Once you get up there you can get gifts in your cabin every night, welcome aboard baskets, $200 off your balcony and above cabin so it costs about the same as a inside plus you can use the Crown and Anchor coupons for more money off your cabin. Carnival you cant double up specials like you can on RCI. You get the coupon book in your cabin. Oh yea, they have better OBC you can manage when booking onboard your cruise. What have I left off? The special lounge on some ships...of course priortiy embarkation.

People say to me....but Princess has free internet.

I have cruised alot. 25 Carnival, 5 Princess, 1 Holand America, 3 Royal Caribbean, 3 Norweigan Caribbean. Who gives the Best Past Guest perks?

librabythesea@comcast.net:cool:

Hi-Only one more to go for free internet.:cool: We been loyal to Princess for 16 straight cruises and now reap the perks. Boutique discount, tender priority, free laundry and dry cleaning, free mini-bar setup(exchange booze for soda for us non drinkers);) It's kinda like the frequent flyer miles. Change carriers and lots of miles with everyone and have practically nothing. Stay brand loyal and the world is your oyster. Worked for us and we wouldn't change a thing, IMHO:D We'll let Princess take us anywhere we want to go.:) Commit to one and you won' be sorry. Paul & Trudi in San Diego

I have a friend who got an aft balcony on the upcoming Voyager out of Galveston, now going for $1248 plus tax for $750 total pp, with his $100 off plus a Crown and Anchor coupon. He is only Platinum (5 cruises). Diamond would have gotten $200 off plus the Crown and Anchor coupons.

I think you have to decide what benefits are ones you would use. Frankly I dont want a stranger handling my underwear and washing them lol. Nor would I use the free entry ($20) off tournaments that Carnival gives you.

Gifts in the cabin are great, but Id rather have a reasonably priced balcony as my perks.

Note that Princess has revoked their unlimited free internet. You now have to buy a package and get a $75 credit off the package it says. So, the best perk on Princess is gone.

Thats why I prefer $200 off my balcony and up category plus combining it with Crown and Anchor coupons for more $ off the rates.

Im looking forward to our fall cruise on a ship with Johnny Rockets. The coupon book all RCI repeat cruises get has a free coupon for Johnny Rockets cover charge and a discount on sodas in Johnny Rockets we are looking forward to.

Dont get me wrong, I have 2 Princess cruises I loved and have booked a future credit for Princess too, just dont think $75 off internet stacks up to $200 off my balcony cabin.

One other thing you can get more $ of onboard credit. Inside cabins on Princess I think you only get $25? cant remember, but you can get $100 on a 7 day cruise I believe on RCI. On RCI its based on the length of the cruise, on Princess its based on length and which cabin you book. Again RCI wins on $.

I also have to say RCL. As you get to their upper levels (platinum and particularly diamond and d+) you get cash discounts. Combine those with other special such as the Crown & Anchor coupons, on board booking bonuses, and shareholder credits, and you save a lot of $$$. :D

Nothing better than saving or receiving cold hard cash! :D

Last months Porthole magazine had an article on cruiseline perks and had them all listed on one page.............where you could see them side by side..........without a doubt, it "appears" that RC offered the best repeat cruiser perks........at least from those in the chart in Porthole Magazine.....and it was an interesting read.

Archived