Relative Newbie just booked Carnival Liberty for Xmas

I've only cruised once on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. Can you tell me what to expect on Carnival Liberty for a holiday sailing? Thanks!

I wasn't aware I had any relatives in Somerville NJ. I'll have to check out my family tree in more detail.:D

It'll be all decorated for the holidays which is really nice.:)

Bill

We usually do holiday sailings, as it is one of the only times my dh and 2 dd's have off together. The ships are nicely decorated, and there is usually a holiday dinner if sailing the 23rd/24th. (turkey, etc.) I have even seen ship-organized Hanukah celebrations (lighting the menorah, potato latkes, etc) on the Liberty - very nice for the kids. There are also holiday services for Christmas . Whatever you celebrate, I think you will enjoy yourselves. I will say - the holiday spirit always seems to invade even the most scroogiest "Scrooges" - the atmosphere on the ships are always festive, and very family oriented, and everyone seems a tad more patient and understanding. Hope this helps!

We usually do holiday sailings, as it is one of the only times my dh and 2 dd's have off together. The ships are nicely decorated, and there is usually a holiday dinner if sailing the 23rd/24th. (turkey, etc.) I have even seen ship-organized Hanukah celebrations (lighting the menorah, potato latkes, etc) on the Liberty - very nice for the kids. There are also holiday services for Christmas . Whatever you celebrate, I think you will enjoy yourselves. I will say - the holiday spirit always seems to invade even the most scroogiest "Scrooges" - the atmosphere on the ships are always festive, and very family oriented, and everyone seems a tad more patient and understanding. Hope this helps!

That sounds exactly like our cruise on the sister ship Glory in Dec'05. Of all of the Conquest class ships we liked the Liberty the best - just thought the decor worked the best - otherwise they are all the same ship.

I wouldn't say that we would do a cruise at that time of the year again though. The ship was easily 50% under 18 years old. Of course we knew this going on, but it was the only time the people we were traveling with could get away.

If you don't mind all of those kids on your vacation, all over the ship (except the spa - ah, sanctuary), you should have a great time. Anything is better than hanging around the northeast for the winter.

BnB

Archived