ice coffee

Everytime I have tried ordering an iced coffee at the coffee bar on an NCL ship I get looked at like I have 3 heads. They have cold/frozen speciality coffee drinks (which in my opinion are not that great), but they can't seem to make an iced coffee. Once they tried by pouring hot coffee over ice but it just didn't taste right.

You can try to make your oun with the coffee maker in your room. Use 1/2 the water then add ice and cream and sweetner. Who know, maybe it won't be that bad:confused:

I know I might get totally slammed and flamed for this but I think NCL should partner with a chain like Starbucks to run their cafes. That way they could provide decent hot and iced coffee beverages. It would also provide more revenue for the cruiseline since they are partnering with a very well known brand. They would definitely sell more coffee that way and it would be something half way decent.

just was wondering if you could get ice coffee on the pearl?? i know who would want that in a cold climate. i guess that woman with the hot flashes. just got to love the old ladies.:D

:confused::confused:

we just got off the jewel and there are large automatic espresso mechines in the garden cafe, and at the back of the ship. make a latte and add ice. bring a big drinking jug add ice, chocolate sacuce(from the ice cream area) make like 5 shots of espresso and cold milk, AND iced mocha.

Not "slamming" or "flaming," but I have to disagree with you. I actually thought the coffee we had on the Pearl in March was the best we've ever had while cruising. The best was the ones we got from the same machines that dispense the lattes, espressos, and cappuchinos, since they were ground fresh. You can see the whole coffee beans at the top of the machine! JMO

I brought my own bag of Duncin Donut french vanilla coffee, made it in the room and would go up to the buffet area to fill my thermo cup with ice and cream. Not quite the same as buying it but it was a doable fix. The pot in the room only brews 4 cups so I would put the leftover pot and all right in the frig. One piece of advice...they frown on you sticking your own cups under the ice machines, creamer machine ect. So I would grab a glass and fill it then fill my cup I brought.

:confused::confused:

we just got off the jewel and there are large automatic espresso mechines in the garden cafe, and at the back of the ship. make a latte and add ice. bring a big drinking jug add ice, chocolate sacuce(from the ice cream area) make like 5 shots of espresso and cold milk, AND iced mocha.

What a great idea, didn't know they had espresso machines there, soooo happy now, we just returned from Rome, we live in Europe and love our coffee! I'm going right now and put my big Starbucks cup in my suitcase:D

Archived